Milepost Version?

parentsof5

I think it depends how whay you're using it for.

I still use my 2007 edition. I use it primarily for driving .....the towns, hwys, state parks, etc don't change. I rely on it to let me know if a town is coming up ahead, and if i'll find a gas station, a campground, restaurant, or there are activities, scenic vistas, wildlife crossings, fish weir, etc.

BUT new vendors have opened since 2007 and others have gone under, so I can't rely on it to know that a specific restaurant is still there, or a B&B.

Hope this helps.

I always pick up a new one at Costco when they come out and put it under the pickup seat. Really handy for looking something up when I'm on the road. True, the changes aren't all that many and older copies give folks a good idea as to what might interest them when working up an itinerary, then get on the web a look for more detail, like local Chamber posts, etc.

Some enterprises increase or reduce the size of their ads frequently, but the highway driving narratives that The Milepost provides remains close to the same from year to year. One thing that does change is the ferry schedules (Alaska Marine Highway System) but the way things have been going recently, with our state budget, even a current copy might not reflect correctly so one has to check their website for sure.