Best Car Rental Agency at Santiago Airport?

We6rcats

Hello Everyone, :(:confused::confused:

We will be arriving in Santiago on Jan 27th and would like to rent a car. Can someone please tell me which agency at the airport is most reliable? I have read a number of other threads on CruiseCritic and TripAdvisor, but they are not recent and no one has had a positive experience with any of the agencies! Please help!!!:o

We used Avis. It was fine. Rented a car after touring Valparaiso and Santiago. Then headed south for a few days. Cannot remember if we did it direct or through autoeurope.

Price was reasonable, car was fine. It was a standard but I am fine with that.

One thing I do remember is that coming back to town and getting to the airport for drop off was an experience. The highway signs directing traffic to the airport are very poor.

We usually rent through autoeurope. They are a broker based in Maine. They also have a sister company, Kemwel.

Several years ago we had a dispute with a rental car agency in the UK. Autoeurope resolved the issue for us and obtained a refund (for fuel) within 5 business days. We were impressed with their level of customer service. It saved the hassle of dealing directly with the provider.