Solo Expeditions question

cruznqueen

I would like to book Solo Expeditions in Punta Arenas. I contacted them and in order to book they need our passport numbers. I have never been asked this before for any tour I have booked. Has anyone used them before and were you asked to give your number. Thanks.

Our whole group had to send passport info for our recent visit in January. Sometimes the ports requires the tour company to have the numbers to come to the ship to pick up passengers. Solo did a great job for us.

I would like to book Solo Expeditions in Punta Arenas. I contacted them and in order to book they need our passport numbers. I have never been asked this before for any tour I have booked. Has anyone used them before and were you asked to give your number. Thanks.

I used them in February and it was the same thing. Go ahead and book them and don't worry. Many tour operators in Chile ask for the same information.

• 1 month later...

We had a similar incident with Solo Expeditions as baskeytravels, except we were given no prior warning. We were a group of 8 who had booked the Madeleine Islands Penguin tour. We arrived at the office where we were asked to wait for clearance of the vessel. We wait, and waited, and waited. After 3 hours, we were told that the sea was too rough, so our excursion was cancelled. When we checked later with other passengers who took a similar excursion with another vendor, we found out that the water was calm and they had a good day. We wondered if they were waiting for more people, but when no one else showed up, decided it wasn’t worth their time and were not honest enough to tell us.

Sent from my iPad using Forums