Wedding on the Carnival Elation- freaking out a little bit

futureCPR

:confused::confused:

Hi all!

So I finally caved and made an account because I started freaking out about the wedding. Not getting cold feet, but I can't seem to find many pictures of couples who had their weddings aboard the Carnival Elation.

We're getting marred on the sailing November 9th of this year, so it will be after the dry dock. After reading some reviews, it looks like the dry dock will be welcomed with open arms.

Does anyone have any experience attending/ hosting a wedding on the Elation?

SOS! SOS!

How far do you live from the embarkation port? I started to have major anxiety about my cruise wedding about a month after booking it and someone on these forums recommended I call to schedule a "site inspection."

Basically you can do it 1 time for free and a 2nd time for $50. They give you a list of dates when there are weddings scheduled and you pick one that works for you. Up to 4 people can go. I went with my fiancé and mom, although we could have brought one more person.

You board the ship with the wedding party so you get to experience what that it like and know what to expect on your wedding day. They show you around the different ceremony and reception locations, and you see the provided decorations. They would have given us a tour of the whole ship, but all 3 of us have sailed on the ship I am getting married on a few times. We had time leftover to get some lunch while on board and even have a couple drinks.

Even if you don't live particularly close to the port, you have enough time that you could probably schedule a fairly inexpensive weekend getaway with you and your fiance. Relax a little and give yourself a lot of peace of mind.

We plan on paying to do a second visit, this time with my maid of honor and his best man, that way they can know what to expect and help us manage the big day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

How far do you live from the embarkation port? I started to have major anxiety about my cruise wedding about a month after booking it and someone on these forums recommended I call to schedule a "site inspection."

Basically you can do it 1 time for free and a 2nd time for $50. They give you a list of dates when there are weddings scheduled and you pick one that works for you. Up to 4 people can go. I went with my fiancé and mom, although we could have brought one more person.

You board the ship with the wedding party so you get to experience what that it like and know what to expect on your wedding day. They show you around the different ceremony and reception locations, and you see the provided decorations. They would have given us a tour of the whole ship, but all 3 of us have sailed on the ship I am getting married on a few times. We had time leftover to get some lunch while on board and even have a couple drinks.

Even if you don't live particularly close to the port, you have enough time that you could probably schedule a fairly inexpensive weekend getaway with you and your fiance. Relax a little and give yourself a lot of peace of mind.

We plan on paying to do a second visit, this time with my maid of honor and his best man, that way they can know what to expect and help us manage the big day.

Thank you @mindymariexxo ! I went ahead and scheduled a tour!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you @mindymariexxo ! I went ahead and scheduled a tour!

Good!! I've sailed on the ship were getting married on multiple times so I was a little skeptical about how much I would get from it, but I decided to go ahead and plan on it since we live close and it's free. It gave me so much peace of mind and direction for how I wanted to handle our wedding.

Make sure when you get on board you go to the atrium bar for a drink to take with you. Treat it like a mini-vacation!

When is your tour? Come back and let us know how it went and what questions you still have!

• 2 weeks later...
Good!! I've sailed on the ship were getting married on multiple times so I was a little skeptical about how much I would get from it, but I decided to go ahead and plan on it since we live close and it's free. It gave me so much peace of mind and direction for how I wanted to handle our wedding.

Make sure when you get on board you go to the atrium bar for a drink to take with you. Treat it like a mini-vacation!

When is your tour? Come back and let us know how it went and what questions you still have!

My tour is April 8th! I can't wait! I wonder if I'm allowed to take pictures (or even videos).

• 1 year later...