6-14-18 Thursday Weigh-In..How Can The Second Half Of June Be Here Already?

Belle

If we could only lose as fast as the months going by

Now the weeks and months will fly

STOP..I/We want to enjoy the summer..you hear

We don't want to say Happy New Year

Want to hear the steaks are off the grill

Enjoying friends and summer food gives us a thrill

Want to enjoy exercising on land or sea

With a breeze and sun on you and me

WE want to lose weight and enjoy the summer time

Eat BBQ, salads and water with lemon or lime

So you next six months go by much slower

We're not ready to use the snow blower

So lets lose weight the next few months with a smile

Wouldn't hurt to walk everyday doing some miles

So let summer loss's begin

Hope everyone has Big Wins:cool:

Good morning all. According to my estimates I probably logged around 30 miles over the last three days. My feet aren’t at all happy. Thankfully I’m perched on a deck chair now with lots of coffee, so I’ll be recovered soon.

Best of luck with your weigh ins. In all honesty, if I had to guess I’d say I’m down this week. We didn’t overeat at all in New York, and my activity was even much more than usual.

However, that’ll all change today. [emoji6]

I’ll check back in later. Have a great day.

e513e9e488129d9f6a7f00b0b659ffc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great picture, Mike! I can hardly wait for September (but I will Belle - don't want to wish my life away;)).

I had a small loss from 2 weeks ago, down .4# - not as much as I'd like but at least it's a loss.

Taking our daughter for her first college visit this afternoon. I'm feeling all the emotions - how did my baby girl become almost an adult:eek: Excited, scared, proud, and sad all at the same time.

Hope everyone else had good losses. Have a great weekend!

Great picture Mike, that’s a lot of miles.

I caught up this week for my frustration last week. Down -1.8 this week so I’m relieved.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I stayed the same. Wah, wah. My same story the past 3 weeks. At least I haven't gained back the 4 lbs. I lost. But, I need to lose......

Belle, so glad you're back. Great poem. Sometimes, like yesterday (102 degrees), as much as I hate heat, I love summer. Just seems like it gets here and poof, it's fall again.

Mike, glad you're having a great time. Pretty pic. So great all the walking. Time to enjoy some cruise food!

Pacruise, small loss but progress. Yes, must be hard to realize your child is an adult and going off into the world.

Jan, small loss, but at least you are losing something. Unlike me........

Katmu, you did well this week.

I know Jo is on her cruise but we haven't had Rose or Shootr here for a couple of weeks. Hope they are ok.

Have a good day,

Diana

I'd like to join your weekly weigh in in the hopes it will help motivate me to lose the weight I gained back. I have 20 pounds I need to lose. I am doing my best to walk quite a bit in the early morning and again in the evening, my goal is 15,000 to 20,000 total steps a day. I am also trying to stay away from processed foods. We have a land vacation scheduled in 2 weeks and a cruise mid October. I figured if I started your group it might help me to stay focused.

I'd like to join your weekly weigh in in the hopes it will help motivate me to lose the weight I gained back. I have 20 pounds I need to lose. I am doing my best to walk quite a bit in the early morning and again in the evening, my goal is 15,000 to 20,000 total steps a day. I am also trying to stay away from processed foods. We have a land vacation scheduled in 2 weeks and a cruise mid October. I figured if I started your group it might help me to stay focused.

Welcome - I was just thinking today that it always seems to be "weight gained back" that I try to lose. I should do more walking!

When you say you are a labmom .. do you mean lab dogs? Jan

We just lost our wonderful 13 year old lab last week. He couldn't walk much any more but he was still a wonderful boy! I also have 3 kids who are all out of the house now. Hence my sign in name. I love to walk and am trying to get back into the habit of doing it often. I had injuries to my knees and that plus some life stress put on 1/2 of the weight I had previously lost. I could kick myself for gaining it back but it is what it is and I am determined to get it back off and keep it off for good. I can't wait to fit back into some of my clothes. I have my fitbit set to tell me when I get to 15,000 steps each day. I think walking is also a good way to deal with grief rather than eat my way thru it.

So sorry you lost your lab ... we have a yellow lab and is wonderful ... she is the most loving girl -- she is healthy, but she has seizures about every 6 months or so, the vet says she is fine ... and they can't find out why she has them. Frustrating.

I too have 3 kids (one is now back - for a little while - with her 3 1/2 yr old) ... they always have home if they ever need it.

Another crazy question - did I notice that there was a Moody Blue's cruise in the past? If you mean the singing group ... we have seen them in 1973, 1985, and I think time time in the early 2000's (I think). Jan

Labs are wonderful dogs and my Boone was yellow too such a joyful and happy dog! I hope you find out what is causing your dogs seizures.

Yes to your question we went on the first Moody Blues cruise. They have had several since. We had a lot of fun but the Moody Blues themselves were quite segregated from their fans. They had lots of other bands from that time frame and it was fun seeing them around the ship. There were lots of different concerts to go to. The only problem was it was on MSC and I think because it was a charter cruise the staff didn't give us their best. We have seen them several times on land as well.

We just lost our wonderful 13 year old lab last week. He couldn't walk much any more but he was still a wonderful boy! I also have 3 kids who are all out of the house now. Hence my sign in name. I love to walk and am trying to get back into the habit of doing it often. I had injuries to my knees and that plus some life stress put on 1/2 of the weight I had previously lost. I could kick myself for gaining it back but it is what it is and I am determined to get it back off and keep it off for good. I can't wait to fit back into some of my clothes. I have my fitbit set to tell me when I get to 15,000 steps each day. I think walking is also a good way to deal with grief rather than eat my way thru it.

So sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is so hard. I have 2 Labs now myself, the black one is 7 and the chocolate we think is about 10 or 11. They are both rescues. My last lab lived to be 15 and it took me quite a while to get over losing her.

Hi all, I am back. Sorry I have been missing for the last two weeks. The end of the school year is always so hectic. I feel like I have been running to one event after the other. It seems as if all of my grandchildren (and I have six of them) have something important that they want me to attend every day.

Anyway, I am up 2.4 lbs. Like Jan said, its the same weight I gain and lose constantly.

Congrats to all the losers.

Mike, enjoy your cruise.

Belle, how was Alaska? DH and I talk about going there someday and then we choose a whole different itinerary.

Labmom, I am so sorry about your dog. Losing a pet is so difficult. I lost my golden retriever when she was 13 about 20 years ago and I still miss her. She was as much my baby as my three human babies.

Rose

My pug has been gone a yr and a half now. I want another so bad, but haven’t done it yet. Our cat is Queen now so we’ll probably wait until she’s gone before getting a new dog.

Made it a week into the trip before going overboard on food. Pretty good really.

Thank you for all the kindness shown towards me when I wrote of losing my fur baby. You are a very nice group of people on this thread!!!

My condolences on your loss too:(<|3

I do agree that this is a great group of people:)

Thank you for all the kindness shown towards me when I wrote of losing my fur baby. You are a very nice group of people on this thread!!!

Labmom - I first joined this group back in 2003 (first cruise - 30th anniversary - was trying to lose weight) ... I haven't really been around in the past few years, but in all the years I have never heard anyone not be kind and helpful ... there has been so much support .. we are all in this together). Jan

Hello ...

Jan, pacruise, labmom, Mike, Rose, katmu, cruise42, Diana and whoever is reading this. shootr?

labmom Welcome! Sorry for your loss.

Jan So good to see your name in here. Missed you.

Mike Hope your still enjoying your trip/cruise.

Diana Love summer too.. over before we know it

pacruise Why do our "kids" grow up so fast

katmu Good loss this week

Cruise42 Glad your doing better. Get you on the exercise

Rose..Glad to see you. Yes go to Alaska. It's Beautiful! See the Glaciers before they melt.

Everyone have a good week!

Good morning all. We’re northbound. [emoji853] I’ll check in Thursday on the drive home from NYC and do the official post cruise weigh in Friday. Not looking forward to that one. 12 days doing as I please could be ugly. So many food choices here! I still haven’t had to eat a meal at the buffet. See you Thursday.

Labmom, sorry for your loss. We lost my cat and the last of our 3 dogs about 8 years ago. We were so devastated, haven't gotten another pet since.

Belle, I may have missed it but did you gain any on your trip or stay the same? You always do so well.

Mike, we'll see you soon. You are so good at dropping cruise weight fast. I'm sure it won't be too bad. How do you like the Horizon ship?

Hope everyone is doing well. Sometimes so hard watching my weight.

Have a good day everyone.

Diana