Activites for 18 month old?

Will be on the Carnival Horizon Sept 30 with 18 month old grandaughter. Ports are Ochos Rios, Grand Caymen and Cozumel. Any suggestions for activites on or off the ship? We are planning on just doing beach breaks, but would welcome suggestions!

You might get more responses posting under each of those Ports in the Ports forum.

That being said, Chankanaab in Cozumel might be an option. They have a pool, beach chairs, sea lion show, dolphin swims (18 mo old may like to see the dolphins), etc.

Seven Mile beach in Grand Cayman may be a good option there. There is also the Turtle Farm that also has a water park and a dolphin swim across the street where you can watch, if the 18 mo old has any interest in animals.

We have only done Dunn’s River Falls and River tubing in Jamaica, neither of which is probably suitable for an 18 mo old. Many will probably recommend staying on the ship in Ocho Rios since there have been some travel warnings there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

When my son was 2 we had a stop in Cozumel and LOVED Play Del Mia. It was perfect for us. He loved it. Super family friendly. Quite. Good food. There is a perfect little water park for the tiny ones ... although my guy loved the floating water park.

All around we would totally go again. We did the beach day + transport + buffet

https://www.playamia.com/tours-for-cruise-guests

https://www.playamia.com/attractions/free-included-attractions.aspx

• 3 weeks later...

If you are still looking for something to do in Jamaica, I would recommend Dolphin Cove. We did it in combo with Dunn's River Falls (Falls are definitely not toddler friendly). The admission only option to Dolphin Cove includes a buffet (it looked pretty good) and free snorkeling with stingrays for the adults and older children in your group. There are marine animal interactions, a beach area, a small shopping area, an open air bar, a walking trail with a small zoo, and a swimming pool. My kids are older and just loved it there. We paid a $30 add on fee and they did the dolphin encounter. The trainers let them play with the dolphins for about 45 minutes. I don't know if the cruise line offers a Dolphin Cove only option but when you reach the port, Dolphin Cove has a large booth in the port terminal or you can buy tickets from their website.