Help please! Anthern of the Seas, Crown Princess or Holland America?

Hi everyone, I'm just looking for some help on which cruiseline to choose for Southern Caribbean in February. We have done Disney and NCL, travelling just the two of us and are in our 40s. We like the itineraries on the Anthem of the Seas, Crown Princess and Holland America but just can't decide which one to go with. Any advise?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, I'm just looking for some help on which cruiseline to choose for Southern Caribbean in February. We have done Disney and NCL, travelling just the two of us and are in our 40s. We like the itineraries on the Anthem of the Seas, Crown Princess and Holland America but just can't decide which one to go with. Any advise?

Welcome from the other side of the pond:D

I haven't sailed any of these ships, but will still offer some advice for what it's worth:

Read reviews of the 3 ships you are considering and see what stands out to you. Keep in mind that a generally negative review might be something that you would find a positive.

Southern Caribbean cruises are generally port intensive, so I would not be as concerned about the special features of a ship (like Anthem) if the price is significantly higher.

When looking at itineraries, consider the times in each port - it might vary. If one line only gives me 5 hours at a favorite island while another gives 8 that might sway me too.

Princess has a slight reputation of being a more sedate/slightly older crowd. HAL has a strong reputation of this. If you are looking for a lively, party vibe (or more mature, relaxed atmosphere) that might be something to consider.

I would guess Anthem will have more families/children than the other two lines. That can affect the atmosphere too.

In the US you can often price match if the fare drops but I didn't think that was an easy option in the UK. If after reading reviews you still like all three lines I would let current booking price (total price including anticipated gratuities and drink packages) be my guide.

If prices are the same, I'd go with the best itinerary times then ship layout/features. We've never had a really bad cruise and there has always been something we thought each line did really well (and something we didn't care for on each too).

Hope that helps:)