All things Keto!

So WW was ok for me, but since I discovered food allergies and intolerances, my doc suggested the Keto diet.

So here I am! Who else is doing this? Let’s share recipes!

I need some fat bomb recipes and ideas, thanks.

Try a good rib eye steak or pork steak. Both loaded with fat.

Search (Google) "I Breathe I'm Hungry", she has some great recipes, tips, meal plans. I have done Keto before and am currently on day 4. I'm a 40 year old female. Things I have found helpful:

- Buying gallon jugs of water makes it easier to keep track. H2O is SUPER important (in general but even more so on a Keto plan)

- Find a few recipes you like and sticking with basics. Don't try to get fancy.

- Know your numbers. First, your Basal Metabolic Rate. Mine is 1300-1400. I keep my calories around 1200 when trying to lose. Therefore I am at a deficit daily. This equals weight loss. I use MyFitnessPal for my meals. Tells me calories, protein, fat and carbs.

- I workout 4-5 days per week and wear a heart rate monitor to ensure I am actually working hard enough to burn! Extra caloric deficit :) Plus it's good for ya.

- I make a list for the store, pre-cook most of my food and take my food to work and sometimes social occasions.

- I take a great daily vitamin and get plenty 6-8 hours of sleep.

Been on it for a month and LOVE it. My daughter down 21 pounds, my husband 24, and me 7 (youth and the Y chromosome- grrr!).

I am a snacker and all over the place, so I have to have grab-n-go items. Having my fridge and pantry full of ready to eat foods is a must.

My new favorite purchase are Parmesan chips from SAMSClub. I love the crunch.

I also braise a brisket, chop up, and add sugar-free BBQ sauce. That is a STAPLE for us.

Here in Austin, we can get jicama "tortillas" so I make tacos with those.

We just booked a Christmas cruise and looking forward to looking good/FEELING good on that!

I love, love, love the keto way of life! I have been true blue since April 23 of 2018, and have lost 27 pounds. I plan on staying keto the rest of my life. I can do this! We just booked a short cruise (4 nights) for Aug. 27, am hoping to get off 7-10 pounds by then, and still plan on staying on keto during the cruise. I will just add one carb free drink a day. Today is my birthday, and I am even staying on keto for that! Good luck with your keto.

If you like the idea of "pasta" try Shirataki noodles. My favorite brand is NoOodles. They do have an odor. I pour the bag into a colander in the sink and rinse well. Then I boil for 5 minutes and drain.

I used them last night to make Keto Baked Spaghetti. I've also used them to make Keto Mac & Cheese.

I love, love, love the keto way of life! I have been true blue since April 23 of 2018, and have lost 27 pounds. I plan on staying keto the rest of my life. I can do this! We just booked a short cruise (4 nights) for Aug. 27, am hoping to get off 7-10 pounds by then, and still plan on staying on keto during the cruise. I will just add one carb free drink a day. Today is my birthday, and I am even staying on keto for that! Good luck with your keto.

Is there a plan you follow, a book? I would like to try it but don't know where to start.

My husband and I started back on Keto 4 weeks ago. We have gone on and off for many years. I use the Atkins app to keep track and get some recipes. Mostly for the hubby it is a elmination of his 3 sodas a day, for me it is no more unhealthy snacking.

I will say that it is annoying to have to make two separate meals. Both our children are underweight for their ages. They don't need a diet by any means. I do lust after their pasta. lol

Is there a plan you follow, a book? I would like to try it but don't know where to start.

www.ibreatheimhungry.com has a 3 day jump start as well as weekly meal plans and recipes. There is also a calculator to help you figure out how many calories per day you should consume. Remember, no matter what nutrition style you choose, you still can't eat more calories than you "need" and lose weight. Calories In < Calories Out!!!

I just read Simply Keto by Suzanne Ryan, bought on Amazon, it’s her story (she lost over 100 lbs) and explains Keto and lots of recipes. And I joined her Facebook group Simply Keto Karma, great support system and success/struggles overcome stories and recipes.

My husband and I will start Keto the first week in August, travel plans make it too difficult to start now.

Excited to have found this group now!!!

I am definitely IN! I have 108 days until my cruise and want to lose a minimum of 47 pounds to hit my goal of 180 for vacation time! I hear keto is the way to go for that kind of loss. I have dabbled in low carb but I want to take it to the next level! Starting right now with a weight of 227.

www.ibreatheimhungry.com has a 3 day jump start as well as weekly meal plans and recipes. There is also a calculator to help you figure out how many calories per day you should consume. Remember, no matter what nutrition style you choose, you still can't eat more calories than you "need" and lose weight. Calories In < Calories Out!!!

I just read Simply Keto by Suzanne Ryan, bought on Amazon, it’s her story (she lost over 100 lbs) and explains Keto and lots of recipes. And I joined her Facebook group Simply Keto Karma, great support system and success/struggles overcome stories and recipes.

My husband and I will start Keto the first week in August, travel plans make it too difficult to start now.

Excited to have found this group now!!!

Thanks for the information!

I am definitely IN! I have 108 days until my cruise and want to lose a minimum of 47 pounds to hit my goal of 180 for vacation time! I hear keto is the way to go for that kind of loss. I have dabbled in low carb but I want to take it to the next level! Starting right now with a weight of 227.

I have been a trainer and nutrition coach for many years. If your cruise is 108 days away and you want to lose 47 pounds that is about 1lb every 2 days. That is highly unlikely. Safe, effective weight loss for women over 30 is 1-2 lbs per week, for men it's 2-5 lbs per week. I am 40 5'3" exercise 5 days per week and today is my fourth week of keto. I have lost 5lbs. Now I don't have more than 20 lbs to lose and don't "carry" a lot of water. You may see a more drastic drop the first week or two.

I don't say this to be discouraging. I love keto and 5lbs has me happy!!! However, I state the above in order to make sure you're not expecting a ketogenic type diet to be something it's not. Besides not eating more than 25g of carbs per day. You must also drink plenty of water and watch your overall calories. If you currently intake 2500 calories and simply switch to 2500 calories with most of them now from fat/protein. You will likely not see the results you are expecting. You must burn more calories than you consume in a day.

I use myfitnesspal to track both macro nutrients and calories. Good Luck and please don't hesitate to ask questions.

Keto Mac & Cheese w/Ham

Directions:

Heat oven to 350. Rinse and boil the noodles. If desired, cut a little shorter. Place the cubed ham in a pie dish sprayed with a bit of EVOO. Place noodles on top. In a pot, melt the butter, both types of cheese, heavy cream and mustard until smooth. Pour over noodles and ham. Bake at 350 for about 35 minutes.

7 Ingredients

• 1.33 cup, Premium Cubed Boneless Ham
  • 2 cup, Shredded Sharp Cheddar
  • 4 Tbsp, Neufchatel Cheese Fit & Active
  • 4 tablespoon, Heavy Whipping Cream

• 1 tbsp, Unsalted Butter
  • 16.00 oz, the No Calorie Noodle
  • 4 Tsp, Stone Ground Dijon Mustard

Nutrition Facts Servings 4.0 Per Serving: Calories 395 Total Fat 30 g Total Carbohydrate 7 g Dietary Fiber 0 g Protein 25 g