What’s the weather like in Sept. for a Southern Caribbean cruise?

Mine was cancelled last year due to hurricane Maria destroying San Juan which was the departure port but I wouldn’t let it stop me from booking again that time of year. Was a bad year. I got refunded. Had a wonderful time on my replacement cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The temperatures are pretty much the same year round, anywhere from PR south. There is a rainy season, but that doesn't mean it rains all day. You can expect hot temps wth a chance for showers every day. All bets are off if a TS or hurricane blows through.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on two cruises in the Southern Caribbean in September. Both time we had beautiful weather. Sunny, warm...sometimes hot and very little rain. We had never encountered any bad weather including tropical storms. I consider myself lucky for those 2 cruises.

However, last year, I was booked on RCI out of San Juan in September. Because the itinerary was the ABC (Aruba, Bonaire Curacao) islands, I was thinking we would definitely be safe from hurricanes with that itinerary given how far south the islands are. Well, that's when hurricane Maria came through. Of course San Juan was shut down. Also, our ship was taken out of service the week of our cruise to be used for a humitarian trip to bring supplies to the islands affected by the hurricane rescue people. Despite not having travel insurance, RC gave us all of our money back (which was expected since they canceled our cruise). And SouthWest (their flights in and out of San Juan were not canceled) gave me a full refund as well (even though they did not have to and I did not put those tickets on a credit card that has travel insurance...lesson learned).

Thank you!

quote=falynrayn;56704289]I have been on two cruises in the Southern Caribbean in September. Both time we had beautiful weather. Sunny, warm...sometimes hot and very little rain. We had never encountered any bad weather including tropical storms. I consider myself lucky for those 2 cruises.

However, last year, I was booked on RCI out of San Juan in September. Because the itinerary was the ABC (Aruba, Bonaire Curacao) islands, I was thinking we would definitely be safe from hurricanes with that itinerary given how far south the islands are. Well, that's when hurricane Maria came through. Of course San Juan was shut down. Also, our ship was taken out of service the week of our cruise to be used for a humitarian trip to bring supplies to the islands affected by the hurricane rescue people. Despite not having travel insurance, RC gave us all of our money back (which was expected since they canceled our cruise). And SouthWest (their flights in and out of San Juan were not canceled) gave me a full refund as well (even though they did not have to and I did not put those tickets on a credit card that has travel insurance...lesson learned).