Hepatitis A and Typhoid vaccines

nkcbkc

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going until next year, but I got my first Hep A/B vaccine a week ago. There have been outbreaks of Hep A in domestic restaurants , so I figured, as an adventurous eater, it probably was a good idea.

I'm less sold on Typhoid Fever, and it's harder to obtain in my locale, and only good for 2 years, so I'm holding off on that for now.

Actually, that's not quite correct. According to the travel doctor I saw prior to my upcoming Grand Asia, where both of those vaccines are recommended, the typhoid injection is good for two years, but the oral vaccine, which is what I got, is good for 5 years.

Actually, that's not quite correct. According to the travel doctor I saw prior to my upcoming Grand Asia, where both of those vaccines are recommended, the typhoid injection is good for two years, but the oral vaccine, which is what I got, is good for 5 years.

Well, for me, at least, it's a bit theoretical until I can source somebody locally that has the vaccine. The online resources that popped up only mentioned a jab and no other option.

Interesting.