Nellie's Beach vs. Barefoot Beach Over the Water Cabana..

abt

Hi,

We are in a GS on the Oasis. I want to book an over the water cabana on Barefoot Beach HOWEVER we will have to wait on availability after Star Class which is fine. My issue is if I wait for Star Class I may or may not be able to book a cabana at Barefoot Beach. Would there be anything wrong with me booking one on Barefoot Beach NOW and the cancelling if one is available on Barefoot Beach when the time comes? I can't think of any other way to assure we have one. Other ideas? THANKS!

You will have no problem.

Book the cabana on Nellies now.

Once you get your letter from the concierge, (usually a week before you sail) you can contact him for a cabana on Barefoot beach.

If available it will be assigned to you.

The concierge will take care of making the transfer from Nellies to Barefoot, and take charge of billing a price increase or decrease depending which cabana you get.

Good luck.

That's for your reply! You also were able to figure out what I was TRYING to say.!:')

So yeah I'm going to go ahead and book at NELLIE'S BEACH and keep my fingers crossed for BAREFOOT BEACH!

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

I’m in a grand suite too... do you think having that private cabana is definitely worth it ??? I keep reading how busy it can get. And I have a two-year-old and a five-year-old with me along with some older adults so I was thinking that the cabana might be the way to go if we want to spend a considerable amount of time at the beach .

A couple of questions ...

If it rains do you get a full refund or do you have to pay anyway ?

I keep hearing how there are long lines for food and and Want to know if grand suite passengers get any priority and if you have to pay for food .

Thanks!

Nobody has to pay for food on Labadee. It is private to Royal Caribbean and is like being on the ship - for both food and drinks. The lines can be 'long' (10 min?) if you go right at noon when everyone wants to eat, but if you go early or late there are generally no lines at all. I would seriously doubt if you would get a refund in case of rain, but I can't say for sure from experience.

Is it worth it? For me, absolutely not. For others, absolutely yes. Only you can decide that. The beaches and loungers can get busy, but usually only in the prime spots. If you do not insist on being right next to the water in the shade, you will find there is a lot of room to stretch out. Personally I think a cabana would be wasted on a two and five year old, unless you were trying to get them to nap. I would think most kids would rather be playing on the sand and in the water rather than being stuck 'inside', but, again, only you can decide that.