Purchasing Toiletries on Board During a World Cruise?

Smokeyham

I think this is good advice and one which I intend to follow. I really don't want to spend my time in port trying to find sulfate-free shampoo and BC powder. I woke up this morning, mentally packing what I could ship via HAL, what I needed to take in a carryon, and what I could check on the plane. (I think I need to get a life!) Guess I will just have to wait until HAL sends the list of prohibited items. From what I can gather, it is more restrictive than FedEx's.

Q: What does your wife use to hand wash items? Did she bring a detergent and, if so, what kind? Someone recommended using HAL's shampoo, but I don't know what, if any, effect three months of washing with shampoo will have on a garment. I am thinking of bringing some gentle, dry detergent for this use. As 4*, we have unlimited laundry, but there are always items that need to be hand washed.

We do use the ships laundry detergent. We do bring a few items. We bring something for stains and a pre-wash liquid. These are items we pick up before we board. I think one is made by clorox but is a stick and the other is Shout. I wold not use shampoo. If the ship didn't provide detergent or we had allergies to it we would bring our own laundry detergent. I believe it is the shout that she can use to wash any items that we don't want to use the washing machine for.

Keith

We are booked on the HAL 2019 WC. HAL will ship 2 suitcases for each of us. Is there a limit on weight? I am thinking of loading 1 up w/ all of our toiletries (no alcohol products). But it will definitely weigh more than 50lbs (hence don't want to bring it on the plane).

I would followup directly to clarify this.

Keith