Early Morning Baltic Tower Bridge Departure

torst

We are on the Baltic Cruise boarding August 15 to sail on August 16. We are making plans for our time in London including purchasing theatre tickets. How early can one board on the 15th and what time would the mandatory life boat drill occur? Hoping that this does not interfere a lot with limited time in London.

Hm. You depart pretty early on the 16th so the lifeboat drill would probably be before dinner on the 15th. I doubt they'd wake you up at 4 for the drill before sailing at 5...

We did a 6:30PM departure from Tower Bridge a few years ago. All-aboard was 4:30 and the drill was around 5:00. We boarded a little before 2PM though they were ready for us and I bet we could have boarded earlier.

You do know that you go to the Tower side of the Thames, and take a tender across to the ship (which is tied up the the Belfast). It would seemingly make more sense to board from the Southwark side and just walk across the Belfast, but there must be some reason why they don't do it that way. So it is a bit of a "process" to tender back to the pier for evening activity. Though we have done it... And we were naughty, and didn't get back in time for the lifeboat drill, so we had a private one the next day. Oops!

We are on the Baltic Cruise boarding August 15 to sail on August 16. We are making plans for our time in London including purchasing theatre tickets. How early can one board on the 15th and what time would the mandatory life boat drill occur? Hoping that this does not interfere a lot with limited time in London.

You will be able to board normally at 12.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All of your posts have been very helpful! We are sailing on the Aug 1 - Aug 15 cruise from Tower Bridge returning to Tower Bridge, which sails all the way around the British Isles. Good to know when you can board and where. The location of boarding will make a difference in how I plan our on shore adventures in London. This is our first Silversea Cruise but have done many small ship cruises. Really looking forward to it!

Tower Bridge sailaways are the best! We have done two; one in the evening (2014) which is the one I referred to in my previous post, and one in 2010 where we sailed at some ungodly hour like 4AM.

I blew the dust off some old files and found my Chronicles from that 2010 trip. As I suspected, the lifeboat drill took place at 5PM, on the evening prior to sailing. I would assume that it would be similar for your sailing.

We will be doing a cruise this September on Silver Wind which ends at Tower Bridge. Very excited to see this approach from a different angle!

We will be doing a cruise this September on Silver Wind which ends at Tower Bridge. Very excited to see this approach from a different angle!

I shall wave you in from some point downstream with the drone!

OP..... once onboard, try to get yourself booked for a visit to the Sky Garden which overlooks where you will be docked and gives outstanding views of the Thames at a very affordable price of free.