Best way to see Singapore

radiancecruiser

I think if you are doing the HOHO bus regardless, and you want to visit 2 of the zoo parks, then the HOHO pass is the better deal. (s$95 for the HOHO bus with Night Safari and River Safari, compared to s$49 for HOHO bus + s$65 for the zoos). Yes it would be cheaper to skip the HOHO bus and use the MRT, but if you like the advantage of the buses then their pass seems the better deal (although their 5 attraction pass does not look like a good deal to me).

I am a little unclear on the safari parks sometimes on when the tram/river rides are included in the price or not though (and having to pay for the river ride in addition to your ticket might change the economics of which is the better deal).

Zoo and Jurong bird park and Night safari and River safari + unlimited tram rides + river safari boat ride for Singapore$88

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

Has the river taxi all but finished?

I have read they only operate for a few hours in the morning and early evening rush hours during the week and not at all at the weekends.

I know there are bumboat tours, can they be used as a taxi for short hops?

Another good website to plan your route if you are using the tourist pass would be : https://gothere.sg/maps

If you are using public transportation, and even uber and taxi, the Citymapper app is great. When you want to go somewhere, you type in your destination, and it maps out how to walk, catch the MRT or bus, etc to get to the destination, along with price and time estimates. We used this in Paris to change our itinerary on the fly (I feel like going to the Eiffel tower right now, how do I get there?). Citymapper does Singapore too.

If you are using public transportation, and even uber and taxi, the Citymapper app is great. When you want to go somewhere, you type in your destination, and it maps out how to walk, catch the MRT or bus, etc to get to the destination, along with price and time estimates. We used this in Paris to change our itinerary on the fly (I feel like going to the Eiffel tower right now, how do I get there?). Citymapper does Singapore too.

I've been using Google maps for the same. How is Citymapper better?

Sent from my TIT-AL00 using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...
With regard to the HOHO bus tours, do I have to purchase the tickets online, and then get to Suntec Hub to redeem them? Or can I get straight on the bus at Little India?

radiancecruiser, I'm thinking you might be back from your trip by now. Anything to report about your experiences in Singapore?

Specifically, did you find Little India a good place to stay? I am also considering a hotel there for a 3- or 4-night stay pre-cruise next February. With so many days to explore, I don't need to stay close to the pier, and Orchard St isn't my kind of thing, so Little India beckons.

Anyone want to offer your perspective on this? With thanks in advance,

We just purchased our HoHo bus tickets for Singapore. 48 hrs for $29.73pp......which I thought was a great price for 2 days. They have several combo tickets too. All tickets have to picked up at the Sun-Tec Hub.

it's possible if you board the HOHO bus and show them your voucher, they will let you ride to Suntec then you get off and redeem the voucher for the actual ticket. I've seen references to that and they kind of just let us on when I showed them our Singapore pass.

• 3 weeks later...
radiancecruiser, I'm thinking you might be back from your trip by now. Anything to report about your experiences in Singapore?

Specifically, did you find Little India a good place to stay? I am also considering a hotel there for a 3- or 4-night stay pre-cruise next February. With so many days to explore, I don't need to stay close to the pier, and Orchard St isn't my kind of thing, so Little India beckons.

Anyone want to offer your perspective on this? With thanks in advance,

Sorry it took so long to reply....

Our hotel near Little India, Village Hotel Albert Court, was perfect. Simple but charming rooms, and very affordable.

It was surrounded by lovely little restaurants, and we can highly recommend the Italian restaurant just across from the main doors of the hotel....under $50 for pizza, beer and dessert for 2.[emoji106]

Little India is wonderful. The hawker centre there was also a great place to eat. We did breakfast there on the morning of our cruise embarkation, and it cost a whole $10 for food and juices for 2.[emoji23][emoji23]

We only had to walk 2 blocks to the nearest MRT station (Rochor), and from there, we could travel basically the entire city. And the MRT network is growing. It's an extremely easy, efficient and quick way to get around. Just get an easylink card, keep it topped up, and away you go.

Our time in Singapore was limited, but I saw enough to know that I could easily go there for a 2 week holiday and be perfectly happy in Singapore alone for the entire time.

Just explore and enjoy.[emoji170]

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Sorry it took so long to reply....

Our hotel near Little India, Village Hotel Albert Court, was perfect. Simple but charming rooms, and very affordable.

It was surrounded by lovely little restaurants, and we can highly recommend the Italian restaurant just across from the main doors of the hotel....under $50 for pizza, beer and dessert for 2.[emoji106]

Little India is wonderful. The hawker centre there was also a great place to eat. We did breakfast there on the morning of our cruise embarkation, and it cost a whole $10 for food and juices for 2.[emoji23][emoji23]

We only had to walk 2 blocks to the nearest MRT station (Rochor), and from there, we could travel basically the entire city. And the MRT network is growing. It's an extremely easy, efficient and quick way to get around. Just get an easylink card, keep it topped up, and away you go.

Our time in Singapore was limited, but I saw enough to know that I could easily go there for a 2 week holiday and be perfectly happy in Singapore alone for the entire time.

Just explore and enjoy.[emoji170]

Great info, radiancecruiser, thank you so much! It sounds perfect for what I want. Only 10 1/2 more months to go ....

Edited by Unibok
fix typo

• 2 weeks later...