Cabin doors and scooter

RonPaula

I will be on RCI's Allure and I'm wondering how to hold open the cabin door while I enter and exit my cabin using a scooter. I have a handicap cabin.

Thanks,

Paula

Personally I just handle cabin doors just as I do at home. Open it just as I would If standing though I'm seated on a scooter and drive through while holding the door open than releasing it to close on its own.

If you are mobile enough to get out of the scooter to open the door, then get back on to drive in, you can ask the cabin steward for (or bring one you purchased) a rubber door stop. Just prop the door open with it, drive in (or out), then reclaim it.

Since I am alone, and have been using a scooter for the last several cruises, I have found that this method works very well when the door doesn't have a magnetic door stop.

Thank you for the responses. I don't believe that Allure has the auto doors. But the other two suggestions should work. I am mobile, just can't handle all the walking that comes with cruising on such a gigantic ship.

Paula

Thank you for the responses. I don't believe that Allure has the auto doors. But the other two suggestions should work. I am mobile, just can't handle all the walking that comes with cruising on such a gigantic ship.

Paula

I was mobile up until a few years ago...I would give anything to handle all the walking that comes with cruising on a mega ship. Be happy that you are able to walk.

Paula

RCCL's Oasis Class of ships which includes the Allure do not have automatic door buttons for accessible cabins. The only RCCL ships that have automatic door buttons are its Radiance Class ships.

• 2 months later...

Paula

Allure definitely does not have automatic doors on Accessible cabins.

• 3 months later...