San Franciso & San Diego...What to do after 5 PM?

We will be sailing on the Ruby Princess in March. It is a California Coastal cruise and we will be in both San Francisco and San Diego all day...7 AM - 11 PM.

In San Francisco, planning on doing Alcatraz (buying tickets this week!) and then a Hop-on, Hop-off. In San Diego, the zoo has always been a bucket list item for me. But in both places what we have planned ends about 5-6 PM. Since we don't have to be back on board until 10:30...What can we do until 10 PM?

We welcome any other thoughts about our itinerary. It will be our first time in California. We both like historical sights and the history of places that we visit.

Since we're in port until 11 PM in San Francisco, we've decided to do the Alcatraz Evening Tour at 5:55 PM and will do the HOHO bus in the morning and afternoon. Now we can make the most of our day in port and we hear that the evening tour at Alcatraz is great!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If you are looking for an atypical activity in San Francisco, I recommend a roller disco party in an old church!

The previous Sacred Heart Church (554 Fillmore St. San Francisco) is now hosting roller-skating on Friday and Saturday night (from 7 pm to 11 pm. It’s $15 including entrance + skate rental). I experienced it with my friends and it was really fun!

If you’re interested, more information regarding my experience at http://daydreamunderthestars.com/2018/05/10/omg-i-rollerbladed-in-a-church/

Let me know if you have any questions

Enjoy your California trip!

Marie

• 5 months later...
On 12/13/2017 at 6:24 PM, pklein9747 said:

Since we're in port until 11 PM in San Francisco, we've decided to do the Alcatraz Evening Tour at 5:55 PM and will do the HOHO bus in the morning and afternoon. Now we can make the most of our day in port and we hear that the evening tour at Alcatraz is great!

you had me at evening, but then I checked the availability calendar, and our March sailing is in SF on tuesday evening......and this tour doesn't run on tue/wed.   At least I have time to get over my disappointment.  lol