Hawaiian Themed Movies to Watch During Flight?

bradburleson

Does anyone have suggestions on Hawaiian-themed movies or TV shows to watch on the (8.5 hour from Dallas) flight to Honolulu? We love everything, especially documentaries and comedy. All suggestions, though, are greatly welcomed. Mahalo!

Does anyone have suggestions on Hawaiian-themed movies or TV shows to watch on the (8.5 hour from Dallas) flight to Honolulu? We love everything, especially documentaries and comedy. All suggestions, though, are greatly welcomed. Mahalo!

If you are into nostalgia, try "Hawaiian Eye" and the original "Hawaii 5-0" TV shows.

Elvis had several based in Hawaii, Blue Hawaii comes to mind.

The Big Bounce-comedy

Pearl Harbor-war drama

In Harms Way-war drama

Tora Tora Tora-war drama

From Here to Eternity-pre war drama

Hawaii-based on James Michener's novel-drama

Edited by mac66

I thought of 50 First Dates, The Descendants, and Aloha with Bradley Cooper and Emma Stone.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My all time favorite is Blue Hawaii, with Elvis Presley, because I saw it a zillion times in the theater as a young girl.

Others are - Charlie Chan in Honolulu; From Here to Eternity; Tora, Tora, Tora; Pearl Harbor with Ben Affleck; and Molokai: The Story of Father Damien. My favorite Charlie Chan novel was House Without a Key but I do not think it became a movie.

And I think the current Hawaii 5-0 series offers spectacular scenic views!!!! We also enjoy the series for the drama!!!

Have fun!!!!!! Cherie

Also, Hanalei Bay on Kauai was used in the filming of the movie South Pacific. And "The Legend of Eddie Aikau" is a great tribute to the late Hawaiian surfer and lifeguard. There are a couple films about Duke Kahanamoku, great surfer, athlete, and Hawaiian celebrity whose history and name are remembered at the restaurant "Duke's" on Waikiki. Cherie

Edited by cccole