Pearl Harbor On Way to Airport?

pdcsgirl

Curious if anyone has done this and how it worked out? We'd have a driver take us from Aulani to PH, store our luggage there (which I read you can do) and then have a taxi take us to airport for our evening flight. Thanks.

Curious if anyone has done this and how it worked out? We'd have a driver take us from Aulani to PH, store our luggage there (which I read you can do) and then have a taxi take us to airport for our evening flight. Thanks.

It’s been a couple of years since visiting the Arizona Memorial but the baggage storage area appeared to be for smaller bags & not for larger luggage.

Here’s their description & would recommend contacting them directly to get a definitive answer.

Phone:(808) 422-3399

Email:nps_valr_visitor_services@nps.gov

Bags

While cameras, water bottles, wallets, and other small items can be brought on site, no bags (or other items that offer concealment) are allowed at the Pearl Harbor Visitor Center. However, there is a bag storage facility, located at the USS Bowfin Submarine Park shuttle bus stop, where you can store your belongings for a fee of $5 per bag.

https://www.recreation.gov/showPage.do?name=landing&landing=/htm/pearlharbor/home.jsp&contractCode=NRSO&parkId=72369

Yes, I will call because I believe I read that, at least at one time, they would take full size luggage. It has to fit through a "window" of some sort, but people reported that theirs did. Thanks for the number, because I did not have it.

Yes, I will call because I believe I read that, at least at one time, they would take full size luggage. It has to fit through a "window" of some sort, but people reported that theirs did. Thanks for the number, because I did not have it.

Hopefully everything goes perfectly for your plans & that you can share your checked luggage experience.

I don't think your plan will work. The bag check is mostly for the folks going to Ford Island (USS Missouri, flight museum) and folks going on the USS Arizona. It is not a large building and mostly for backpacks and larger purses and such.

• 3 weeks later...

When we were there I do not believe they took any large luggage. There is a per bag charge. You can not bring any bags into the visitors center. They do permit a small clear bag but that is all. No purses, no camera bags, no carry ons, backpacks, no fanny packs etc. We kept our wallets in our pockets and my camera around my neck. If you have several smaller bags (purses, waist bags etc.) bring a larger tote bag to put them all in and then only pay for one bag.

We took the PoA 7 day cruise followed by 9 days at Aulani and loved it. We scheduled our PH visit for our second day at Aulani. We had reted a car so it was easy to get there and back. It was a Sunday so traffic early in the morning was light.

We toured Pearl Harbor last month on our way to the airport after our cruise. We took a cab from the port to the Harbor. The small baggage house welcomed our 4 large pieces of luggage and 4 backpacks (they won’t let you bring any bags in). All bags were $5 each to store. The baggage shack is before you even enter where you purchase tickets...they will accept your bags regardless of what attraction you are visiting on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums