TransAtlantic East to West on Mariner

Flossie,

Thanks so much for providing an unbiased review of your transatlantic journey. I am thinking that transatlantic may be a little more exciting than my wife and I would like but enjoy reading reviews from the brave ones!!

Transatlantic journeys are typically smoother than this one (and the weather is generally better) - at least in our experience. Having done both East to West and West to East on Explorer (and other ships), we much prefer the West to East. One would think that it would be much colder on the November crossings but that was not the case with ours - we had warm weather and mostly calm seas.

A splendid two day stop in Bermuda, docked adjacent Front Street in Hamilton. Weather was great.

Excursions were very enjoyable.

First day we took a boat ride around the deep blue waters of the bay looking at the homes and islands of the rich & famous. We also saw some turtles.

7409ef7cfa5f747408cbd7214ca10569.jpg

Mariner docked in Hamilton

0e6e53857792f254041dd4ab0238917e.jpg

How many million??

Our Captain & crew entertained us with a few tuneful calypso

9255f5b5a54dd9896b18a8274e44f075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flossie, sorry but I'm counting the days till the ship arrives in Miami----we take off Monday for Miami to board her on the 18th.....Hope they fix everything and happy to hear the crew is hitting the Regent standards. Glad your having a good cruise, enjoy the rest of your time. But I still can't wait. :>).

The ship, officers, staff & crew will all be in great shape for you when you board on Wednesday :)

Safe travels.

Flossie,

Thanks so much for providing an unbiased review of your transatlantic journey. I am thinking that transatlantic may be a little more exciting than my wife and I would like but enjoy reading reviews from the brave ones!!

Thanks for your support.

Hope our two recent threads haven’t put you off going on a TransAtlantic Cruise one day. I don’t think you will find it too exciting.

Explorer and Mariner handle the seas very well.

Weather and seas are the unknown on all cruises but on a TransAtlantic there is always plenty to do whether inside or outside. You can choose to join in the activities or just relax all day with a good book in a quiet corner.

Where would you like to cruise next?

THE POOL DECK

One of the reasons we like Mariner is the layout of the Pool Deck which seems to work for us better than on Voyager or Explorer.

The re-tiled pool, with steps at one end is very good. It is still long enough, wide enough and deep enough to allow swimming.

The pool is heated (as is the one on Explorer).

The 3 jacuzzis and 4 showers are conveniently positioned.

e3039f11d88152fe4b3b2724885215f9.jpg

639ce3bfc4444af8938a1e55ef1c2d69.jpg

The tables & chairs with umbrellas, adjacent the Pool Bar, are an excellent spot for lunch on a sunny day

1061a2fbe3686122b71789f7ea8f5149.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by flossie009

Back in post #3, we reported seeing a strange object which then disappeared after sailing.

Well last night at our sail away party, what we now know is an occasional table, reappeared

816f88157b57923a2c6ccc8869f0212c.jpg

.......... along with others

ba62ceb84c2ffb9647dc248baab1be3e.jpg

The Gold & above Seven Seas Society event was held on the paddle tennis court at the aft of the ship as we sailed away from Bermuda.

A very good, and well attended event, but a little strange to be inside a cage!!

2ffc07ae6c768392328923b81bf92b6a.jpg

Sailing away from Bermuda on a glorious afternoon :cool:

Last night’s production show was “Blazing Boots”. We had expected a good Country & Western show, but it was a disappointment.

Plus all the male dancers were wearing jeans after 6pm :eek: ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by flossie009

Susan and David, thanks so much for 2 wonderful trip reports, I greatly enjoyed your photos, comments, and wit.

One question about evening entertainment- were any/most of the production shows on the Mariner repeats of the ones that you saw on the Explorer?

Bob

Back in post #3, we reported seeing a strange object which then disappeared after sailing.

Well last night at our sail away party, what we now know is an occasional table, reappeared

816f88157b57923a2c6ccc8869f0212c.jpg

.......... along with others

ba62ceb84c2ffb9647dc248baab1be3e.jpg

They look a bit alien 👽 It's as if they're walking across the deck - mind you, you're fairly close to the Bermuda Triangle...............:eek:

Susan and David, thanks so much for 2 wonderful trip reports, I greatly enjoyed your photos, comments, and wit.

One question about evening entertainment- were any/most of the production shows on the Mariner repeats of the ones that you saw on the Explorer?

Bob

Some duplicated, some not.

On these crossings, “Peggy Lee” was only on Explorer; “Blazing Boots” only on Mariner.

The Production Cast on Explorer were doing their finale shows before finishing their contract, whereas the cast on Mariner have just started.

We are boarding the ship on May 6th in San Francisco. How has the food been?

Apart from very occasional fails the food has been delicious, well prepared and served at the correct temperature.

DAYS 13 & 14 (Mon 16th & Tues 17th April)

AT SEA

Good weather and reasonably calm seas for our last two days.

Two new lecturers joined the cruise in Bermuda (Will Friedwald & Sandy Cares) and they are each doing a lecture on both our final days.

Krew Kapers last evening was a good show as usual and later there was a comic, Tom Briscoe, who played to a full theatre.

This afternoon will be packing and then dinner with new friends made during this cruise.

We will try to make it to the Beatles Farewell Dance Party in the Horizon Lounge tonight.

Then off the ship tomorrow and our flight home to the UK.