Upgrade for a fee?

stpie

Does silversea offer upgrades to existing passengers for a fee? If so, may I ask how much was the fee, and what kind of upgrade was it? Do they offer this, or do customers have to ask?

Thank you!

Yes, I believe you may upgrade upon embarkation, if space is available, by paying the fare difference between the category you are booked and the category you want to change to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is also my understanding, and I believe that the GRM used to have the discretion to apply a 5 or 10% discount to the upgrade cost.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, I believe you may upgrade upon embarkation, if space is available, by paying the fare difference between the category you are booked and the category you want to change to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was what we were told by a Wind hotel manager on one of our first Silversea cruises. Silversea apparently does not generally do discounted upsells and rarely does gratis upgrades, at least not like one reads or hears about on mass market lines. Again generally, because you can never say never, but offering pre-cruise or terminal side deep discounts would fly in the face of Silversea’s Fare Guarantee Program. Certainly people have gotten upgraded because of maintenance issues but I don’t put that in the same category as a free upgrade or heavily discounted fares.

Edited by Randyk47

Certainly people have gotten upgraded because of maintenance issues but I don’t put that in the same category as a free upgrade or heavily discounted fares.
Totally agree Randy.

That is also my understanding, and I believe that the GRM used to have the discretion to apply a 5 or 10% discount to the upgrade cost.
Mr. Silver, stupid question here, but what does the acronym GRM stand for?

Totally agree Randy.

Mr. Silver, stupid question here, but what does the acronym GRM stand for?

Apologies for using it but the internet is still slow, so saves time. GRM - Guest Relations Manger. Runs Reception etc and sits below the HD, and is usually the main point of contact for complaints or when something out of the ordinary needs arranging.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That was what we were told by a Wind hotel manager on one of our first Silversea cruises. Silversea apparently does not generally do discounted upsells and rarely does gratis upgrades, at least not like one reads or hears about on mass market lines. Again generally, because you can never say never, but offering pre-cruise or terminal side deep discounts would fly in the face of Silversea’s Fare Guarantee Program. Certainly people have gotten upgraded because of maintenance issues but I don’t put that in the same category as a free upgrade or heavily discounted fares.

This is a perfect description of SS policy on pricing.

In fact the prices of cruises usually increase as the Voyage booked gets nearer.eg. Our forthcoming Wind cruise in July was booked about a year ago at a price of £7;450 pp less our personal discounts etc and the same Vista suite for this cruise now shows at £11,000 pp

Thank you all so much for these helpful answers. Would you mind that I post another question with your help regarding upgrade? I will start another thread. I'm a little disheartened, and you all are so supportive! I could use some positive energy.