Cunard coach transfer

smeeville

He welshred, 7 hours from Llandudno to Southampton, do they make you walk from Birmingham ???????

David

In fact, it is seven and a half hours when you catch the coach from Bangor.

Yesterday, we disembarked QM2 in Dubai and flew back to Manchester in that time.

• 3 years later...
On 3/6/2018 at 11:45 PM, rsquare said:

This is apparently $80 per person from LHR to the dock, which is totally bizarre, since Heathrow is closer to the M3 (the road to Southampton) than either of the two London departure points, which ran $49 per person the last time we used Cunard's service.

For two people travelling together, a car service is only a little more than the Cunard coach, while being far more comfortable and able to make a pit stop when requested. Last November, we paid around $150 for the two of us from our hotel near Waterloo to the dock, using Smiths for Airports.

For someone travelling alone, the Cunard coach does make sense. Be aware that they depart from two different locations in London, either Victoria Coach Station (nothing to do with the rail station) or from St. Pancras. St. Pancras is a far more comfortable place to wait; Victoria Coach station is not terribly well maintained, has relatively few seats and not even anyplace to buy a newspaper.

From either station, the coach has to go through London out almost to Heathrow before picking up the M25 and then the M3, so it is a longer trip than going direct from the airport, yet apparently less expensive. Odd.

Hello, I just booked a Cunard transfer from St Pancras to Southampton for QM2 on May 29th.  The reservation states that they pick up at the exit doors of the Eurostar arrivals.  I've looked at the station map but it's not clear.  Sure do not want to miss the coach.  I was wondering if anyone has a more detailed description as to where to meet the coach?  What is nearby?  Thanks 

On 9/6/2021 at 5:30 PM, freddy beach cruiser said:

Hello, I just booked a Cunard transfer from St Pancras to Southampton for QM2 on May 29th.  The reservation states that they pick up at the exit doors of the Eurostar arrivals.  I've looked at the station map but it's not clear.  Sure do not want to miss the coach.  I was wondering if anyone has a more detailed description as to where to meet the coach?  What is nearby?  Thanks 

Freddy Beach Cruiser,

I've never arrived by train at this station but I have departed from it. It is beautiful, specular and, for us, initially, a bit intimidating. However, the signage is excellent. I seem to recall that the area where the motor couch pick-up is, was very obvious. There were also information/help kiosks staffed by knowledge people.  

1831636143_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_44_41PM.thumb.png.6d67eb515a46c1b2ae34f88ef624014a.png564891741_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_43_23PM.thumb.png.3ad577234f6ce3c76213b0e0ec6b9ae3.png376390418_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_42_56PM.thumb.png.6e98765c4336956ed23ad3ca6c75932c.png655272788_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_41_35PM.thumb.png.25525c4f2fb0ec2e456c9a6a02a0d2d4.png

Have a great voyage, we leave 2 weeks before you.

Jack

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 10:30 AM, freddy beach cruiser said:

Why not just get a train to  Southampton - as you are already on the rail system. 

Agree St Pancras is a beautiful station 

1 hour ago, lissie said:

Why not just get a train to  Southampton - as you are already on the rail system. 

Direct trains to Southampton leave from Waterloo or Victoria. If you arrive at St Pancras you would still need an underground/taxi/bus transfer.

There are trains from Victoria, but if you don't want to take all week over the journey, the terminus is Waterloo. As a (fairly) local, I would never think of Victoria.

When I last did it, a taxi from St. Pancras was about £15, though it has probably gone up a little, and, particularly with luggage, it is worth every penny, plus you get some nice views.

18 hours ago, Jack E Dawson said:

Freddy Beach Cruiser,

I've never arrived by train at this station but I have departed from it. It is beautiful, specular and, for us, initially, a bit intimidating. However, the signage is excellent. I seem to recall that the area where the motor couch pick-up is, was very obvious. There were also information/help kiosks staffed by knowledge people.  

1831636143_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_44_41PM.thumb.png.6d67eb515a46c1b2ae34f88ef624014a.png564891741_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_43_23PM.thumb.png.3ad577234f6ce3c76213b0e0ec6b9ae3.png376390418_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_42_56PM.thumb.png.6e98765c4336956ed23ad3ca6c75932c.png655272788_ScreenShot2021-09-07at7_41_35PM.thumb.png.25525c4f2fb0ec2e456c9a6a02a0d2d4.png

Have a great voyage, we leave 2 weeks before you.

Jack

Great pics, especially the last one.  Thank you!

14 hours ago, lissie said:

I was thinking of that but the rail network is notorious for labor strikes.  Also, I would never leave the same day if doing it on my own.  I would have to book a hotel in Southampton so the transfer is actually cheaper and we will be taken care of through Cunard.  I guess I feel safer that way.  Of course a long way to go, may change my mind, LOL

• Like 1