Birthday card!

hollyjess

A couple of years ago I celebrated a Birthday on Oceana and was really touched to find a card and a few chocolates in our cabin. This year husband had his Birthday on board, also Oceana and nothing at all. Mentioned it at Reception when there for another query and just got a blank look and told I could buy a package.

Just had another Birthday (they keep coming round) and certainly didn't get a card in the post.

A couple of years ago I celebrated a Birthday on Oceana and was really touched to find a card and a few chocolates in our cabin. This year husband had his Birthday on board, also Oceana and nothing at all. Mentioned it at Reception when there for another query and just got a blank look and told I could buy a package.

Just had another Birthday (they keep coming round) and certainly didn't get a card in the post.

Same with us - I got card in cabin, wife didn't. I did get a card through the post on my last birthday but again wife didn't.:)

Well it is my birthday today, I did not get a card from P&O in the post but I did get an email wishing me happy birthday and inviting me to enter a draw for £500 off my next cruise. I did get a card from Cunard and an ecard from Princess.

Hollyjess, I don't think being Caribbean makes a difference, we have been Caribbean for a while and it has been hit and miss as to whether or not we get anything on our birthdays. Last year, on Azura, I got a card and flowers in the cabin which were a nice surprise as the year before on Azura I had nothing.

• 3 weeks later...

Not P&0 but last October we were on NCL Spirit on my husband’s birthday, on the day he received a birthday cake at dinner and the staff surrounded him singing Happy Birthday. I did decorate our cabin myself and the cabin door (they did offer a celebration package for £50 but then I’m a stingy Scot) However on the last day I went down to our cabin to find an ice bucket containing champagne, the bed covered in chocolates, streamers and confetti! I went to reception thinking they’d decorated the wrong room

Not so, this was from the Captain & The Hotel Manager. Had I opened the card I would have realised, My husband’s face was a picture when he saw it.