One Way Scooter Rental Auckland to Sydney

pegpowell

I have read some of the threads and done some searching for this topic. I did get a quote for a ten day rental of almost $800. Does anyone know if this is typical or if there are some other places I should search? As stated in the title, the cruise is Auckland to Sydney.

I have read some of the threads and done some searching for this topic. I did get a quote for a ten day rental of almost $800. Does anyone know if this is typical or if there are some other places I should search? As stated in the title, the cruise is Auckland to Sydney.

Being that the scooter is being rented from a New Zealand location is the quote NZ$ or USA $ ?

Assuming the quote is from SpecailNeedsatsea as Scootaround does not rent in the region. If so than what type of scooter is the quote for ... standard, heavy duty or bariatric scooter ?

This information is need to help determine if it's a typical quote or not.

It is for a standard scooter (their word, not mine) and the price is $632 plus $100 for one way rental. It doesn't show NZ or Australian, so I assume the quote is US.

Specialneedsatsea includes the cost of insurance in its rental fee therefore the $732 isn't unreasonable. You can't compare it to a rate for a Florida cruise as SpecialNeedsatSea oftens runs specials.

When renting a scooter if the cost per day comes out to about $50.00 after deducting the insurance rates ( about $10.00 per day for SpecialNeedsatsea.) and deducting the extra one s charge than the rate is on par with such places as Disneyland, Disney World, Seaworld etc. $732 -$100( one way charge) -$100(ten days insurance) ./. 10 rental days = $53.20 per day.

However being that SpecialNeedsatSeas standard scooter has a maxium weight capacity of 250 lbs. it's assume your weight is #250 or less ( no need to answer ). Therefore have you considered purchasing a scooter to take with you ? For example :

Disclaimer : not affiliated with either company and or scooter manufacturer. You need to do your own research and make the decision to purchase or rent based on your own needs and comfort level.

Thanks for your help. You have some good information. We have thought of purchase, but so far haven't wanted to worry about getting it to, from, and on the airlines. My husband doesn't use one on a daily basis yet.

Hi PegP--my mom rents a scooter every time we cruise. When we to Asia on a 17 day cruise in 2015, it cost about $800 and we were charged a $100 fee because we were going one-way from Singapore to Shanghai. She used a standard one. I know it's very expensive but it sure saves me from pushing her around the ship in her wheelchair! Plus, she's a night owl so she can party and I can relax.I didn't want to deal with the extra pain of a battery pack on the plane either and then if something happens to it or something gets lost, then what. So we always rent one and then we take her manual wheelchair to get her on/off ship for excursions. We ended up purchasing one this past year. We live in FL so when we take any cruises that we can drive to, we do take her scooter with us and then she can ride it directly on the ship.