Wind TA to Barcelona 6/4 - 20/4

Silver Spectre

As far as a True ' Repeater ' is concerned Stumblefoot its a difficult one to put a number on ( The offending 100 days was probably, on reflection, a silly figure to pick in my previous Post ).
Thx for sharing your additional context. It is appreciated.
Completely agree. Thank you!

Excellent excursion to the wonderful Moorish Garden of Nazari and a great visit and tasting at the Bodega Senorio de Nevada. Only 15 of us accompanied by Ana, our lovely pianist from Zagreb.

Back on the ship the pool is open and the pool deck is still be trashed (repaired).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very much enjoying your posts and photos from both voyages, Spectre. All the maintenance disturbance brings back memories of a Whisper cruise when the boutique directly below our suite was totally rebuilt for 17 consecutive days, with loud drilling and pounding noise from 7 A.M. until 6 P.M. every single day. (Except for the day when the sea was so rough that only the main restaurant was opened.) Since that cruise, I have refused to enter the boutique when on the Whisper. But it is still my favorite ship.

Wellseasoned, understand completely your boutique boycott—how dreadful to put up with that construction racquet for so many days.

Mr. Silver, sincerely appreciate you Wind TA postings-good, bad and ugly—you help keep us informed—thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Heading on our way to Ibiza. Unexpectedly woken this morning by the deck 5 bathroom contractor hammering again. Obviously the work has to be carried out but the consideration given to guests over non essential maintenance work on this cruise has reached a new low for us.

Wellseasoned - There is never a reason to enter the boutiques on the Whisper except to laugh at the assortment of very over priced merchandise! I find it hard to believe that they make any money especially on the longer cruises where the passengers already have everything they want! I so miss the days of the logo merchandise and a reason to browse the other items.

This morning we arrived in Barcelona to sunny skies, so the very good weather lasted the entire trip. Thanks to Captain Rutigliano and the weather gods for a fantastic crossing.

The pool deck was closed last night for the sanders to continue working, they were still sanding this morning but had to be off the ship by 11am. A number of guests commented yesterday and this morning that this had been the most maintenance heavy cruise they had ever taken.

Disembarkation was smooth, starting just after 8:30 and for the 50 odd travelling to the airport we were called at 9:25. Porterage to the coach was included, but we were then dropped at the wrong end of the terminal and either paid or dragged baggage the length of the terminal.

With the exception of a couple of odd guests this has been one of the most friendly and sociable group of guests that we have been privileged to travel with.

Good Morning Oregon50 - You are so right !! - We have been bewailing the tardiness of Maintenance for many Years and we still go back - It is as Silver Spectre states, the lovely People, including fantastic Crew that we meet on the way. No other Line seems to create the same mix in our opinion.

The above said, there has to come a time when the Advertising hype becomes too much to tolerate ( We know its aimed at Newbies but we keep being told on board the ever increasing vast number of ' Venetians ' ). We wonder however how many true Repeaters there are ? - it would be interesting to know how many of the total have over 100 Days ?

It is no good looking back but looking forward seems to be painful as far as Silversea is concerned with Bigger Ships adding to the Fleet - the days of the really Personal touch must be slipping away fast - what will make Silversea ' Special ' in the future ?

Sorry to sound so pessimistic Brimary as we know you. like us, love the Wind. The present Report from Silver Spectre does nothing to give us confidence for our Booking in 2019 but we remain ' Hopeful ' - at least we will have Kindred Spirits on board !!!!

I tried to find out about the 100 days and failed, however there are apparently about 11,000 Venetians with 350+ days!

Thank you Silver Spectre for your diligence - the number of 350+ Day Venetians is indeed very impressive - In any Scenario they must be regarded as true ' Repeaters '.

It has been a pleasure to ' Travel ' with you on this Crossing and to share your various Observations. Hopefully the Maintenance Work has not impinged too much on your enjoyment - hopefully the Bridge Sessions have continued in the same vein as when you last Reported.

We hope that Mrs Silver and your good self will enjoy many more Cruises and hopefully we will meet up again sometime somewhere.

Thank you Silver Spectre for your diligence - the number of 350+ Day Venetians is indeed very impressive - In any Scenario they must be regarded as true ' Repeaters ..

The majority being repeaters until they could no longer repeat.

Thanks Silver for the great posts/pics. We were on during your first segment doing some repairs.

Dear Mr & Mrs SS

Many thanks for the, as ever imformative and well balanced commentary on life aboard my beloved Silver Wind.

At least you will have returned to base in fine warm weather, continuing the trend started on your cruise.

Kindest regards

ME

Safe journey home Mr & Mrs SS

Thanks for taking us on your cruises with you.... so sorry to hear about the ridiculous levels of maintenance you had to endure. I’ve luckily never had anything other than a bit of painting and sanding and varnishing railings. I expect there will be lots of complaints to guest services and rightly so. I’ll not be impressed if they do this again next April on my next Wind sailing.

On the subject of boutique, it is a shame they don’t go in for logo merchandising. I did see a set of 4 coasters for $80 and a bottle opener for some crazy price but that was about it. Yet we do still spend in there... our Shadow trip racked up a bill of just shy of $750. Luckily it was not “real” money but just making use of our OBC. I’d not be buying in there otherwise. Luckily for the Mrs, she was the only benefactor. There simply wasn’t anything I wanted.

Did you book another onboard this time SS?