Caribbean Princess Menus

Binx1

We are going on the Caribbean Princess in July to the Eastern Caribbean. Does anyone know where I can find pictures of their current menus for the Eastern Caribbean cruise. Thank you for your help.

Didn't take pictures last week but menu is more limited than before. If you like beef expect some nights to go elsewhere. Pot roast with the carrot in the middle is straight big box store. Spare ribs are likewise bad. The real disappointment this cruise was the "filet mignon." It was chunks of sirloin, marinated and skewered. I suppose if you like polynesian food it might be ok but certainly bore no resemblance to filet mignon.

• 1 month later...
The real disappointment this cruise was the "filet mignon." It was chunks of sirloin, marinated and skewered.

Totally agree with this assessment. "Filet Mignon" appeared on the menu twice during our 10 night cruise. Both times, it was borderline inedible. The only good filet was in the Crown Grill.

Yikes. What else was offered during formal nights that would make attending it worthwhile?:eek:

The lobster was very good--best I've had in a long time. And we did have drawn butter with it. Someone earlier reported that they were not served any butter. The Beef Wellington was good.

The lobster was very good--best I've had in a long time. And we did have drawn butter with it. Someone earlier reported that they were not served any butter. The Beef Wellington was good.

Thank you. I've just noticed that the 1st night the Crown Grill is available to pre-book (it wasn't before). Do you happen to remember if the MDR's first night menu was a good one? (I know it's all subjective, but first nights and last nights on cruise lines tend not to be our favorites! :))

Yikes. What else was offered during formal nights that would make attending it worthwhile?:eek:

As I recall, beef Wellington was second formal night. Pretty decent. A few years back the beef medallions were available every night. This has been replaced by a fancy hamburger. If I want a burger I get it at the grill, not in the dining room. This is our primary reason for sailing more RCI now instead of Princess. Missing beef. Now if you like scallops, you are all set - swear they had them every night on last couple of cruises.

Thank you. I've just noticed that the 1st night the Crown Grill is available to pre-book (it wasn't before). Do you happen to remember if the MDR's first night menu was a good one? (I know it's all subjective, but first nights and last nights on cruise lines tend not to be our favorites! :))

We ate in the Crown Grill on the first night, so I can't comment on the MDR food that evening.

Thank you both so much. I love scallops and I see that the Crown Grill's version is with Okra (which I hate!), so good to know they're available in the MDR. LeeW did you happen to eat in the MDR the first night?

You can trade sides. If you don't want okra (and who would?), order broccoli instead...or whatever vege you want. ANYTHING in the Crown Grill is likely to be better than in the MRDs just because it is cooked to order and starts out as better quality.

Thank you both so much. I love scallops and I see that the Crown Grill's version is with Okra (which I hate!), so good to know they're available in the MDR. LeeW did you happen to eat in the MDR the first night?

We were just on the crown and went to the crown grill each night. Note that they no longer serve real scallops. The item you are referring to is a scallop mousse that was horrible:(

We're doing a 14 night Circle Caribbean on the Caribbean Princess. Will our menus be significantly different?

I wouldn't expect a significant difference. The one side of the menu is the same each night. On the 10 night cruise, we did see some repeat items on the other side, but never the entire night. There would be 4 or 5 new items and one repeat....Some of our favorites from previous cruise were missing.:(

I wouldn't expect a significant difference. The one side of the menu is the same each night. On the 10 night cruise' date=' we did see some repeat items on the other side, but never the entire night. There would be 4 or 5 new items and one repeat....Some of our favorites from previous cruise were missing.:([/quote']

Thanks. I would guess that the order of the different menus will perhaps vary on a 14 night cruise. And I'm wondering if there will be additional menus?

Thanks. I would guess that the order of the different menus will perhaps vary on a 14 night cruise. And I'm wondering if there will be additional menus?

I've one 7, 9, 10, 11, etc. night cruises. Unless you do a 7+7 B2B to make a 14, you won't experience any total menu repeats. You will see some repeat items on longer cruises. I don't know if there will be any totally different menus between your 14 and our recent 10 night Caribbean Princess, but they will be similar. So yes, I'd expect you to have 4 additional menus on top of what we had...but I would expect that those menus would include some repeat items that had been offered on previous nights.

That doesn't mean you'll be eating repeats of the thing you had previously....you have about 10 choices on the MDR menu each night. It is your option whether to repeat something you ate previously or to try something new. And if you get adventurous and then don't care for your selection, you can send it back and get something else.

I've one 7' date=' 9, 10, 11, etc. night cruises. Unless you do a 7+7 B2B to make a 14, you won't experience any total menu repeats. You will see some repeat items on longer cruises. I don't know if there will be any totally different menus between your 14 and our recent 10 night Caribbean Princess, but they will be similar. So yes, I'd expect you to have 4 additional menus on top of what we had...but I would expect that those menus would include some repeat items that had been offered on previous nights.

That doesn't mean you'll be eating repeats of the thing you had previously....you have about 10 choices on the MDR menu each night. It is your option whether to repeat something you ate previously or to try something new. And if you get adventurous and then don't care for your selection, you can send it back and get something else.[/quote']

Thanks. We'll be on a true 14 day (not a B2B), but I'm sure you're right about the repeats. :)

• 2 weeks later...