What No Liverpool

snaefell

Just returned from a cruise on Britannia &,now I am retired & have more time to do so,wanted to get to photograph her on her next visit to the Mersey,I was surprised to scan the P&O Cruises & find no 'Round Britain' cruises on the schedule for any P&O ships(not quite true,one website still has Adonia down as a visit as a P&O ship!),does anybody know were these cruises particularly badly supported,guess I will have to make do with the other lines' ships to photograph!

Just returned from a cruise on Britannia &,now I am retired & have more time to do so,wanted to get to photograph her on her next visit to the Mersey,I was surprised to scan the P&O Cruises & find no 'Round Britain' cruises on the schedule for any P&O ships(not quite true,one website still has Adonia down as a visit as a P&O ship!),does anybody know were these cruises particularly badly supported,guess I will have to make do with the other lines' ships to photograph!

Round Britain cruises have never been a part of P&O’s main schedule. There have been one or two recently in the fast few years but not on a regular basis. I suspect they have agreed with Princess that they do the round Britain cruises as they will be able to pull in more clients from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Round Britain cruises have never been a part of P&O’s main schedule. There have been one or two recently in the fast few years but not on a regular basis. I suspect they have agreed with Princess that they do the round Britain cruises as they will be able to pull in more clients from the US.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes I agree. We will be calling at Liverpool in July on Royal Princess and expect as when we did a similar cruise 3 years ago the majority of passengers will be from the US with just a handful of British.

It seems to be that not many passengers from the UK want to do these cruises but we enjoyed the last one very much and visited many places we hadnt been to before.(the rock bottom price also helped[emoji16])

Also Royal Princess looks almost the same as Britannia (from the outside anyway) if you take off the logos!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We would love to do a round Britain cruise and some friends are keen to do one as well. Would prefer to do it with P&O. Only problem is that many places (especially islands) are tender only and my wife cannot get off the ship in tender ports.

These can be good value, Royal 12 days inside £524.

Regards John

Yes we did a 12 days on Royal Princess a couple of years ago and paid £699 for a balcony and got $150 obc thrown in. Didnt really fancy the itinerary but couldnt miss it at the price and ended up with a great cruise and surprisingly good weather.

We are doing the same cruise again in July this year but not quite as cheap because we have gone for a mini suite(or superior deluxe balcony as P&O describe them).[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

We were very fortunate to cruise RB twice on Adonia, being a smaller ship its itinerary included ports of call that often resort ships ignore or cannot reach, Belfast, Fort William, Killybegs(NI), Kirkwall, Lerwick, Liverpool, Londonderry, Portree, Scabster, Scilly Isles, Tobermory. An excellent change from Bergen, Gibraltar, Lisbon, Vigo etc. R. I. P. ADONIA

49 cruises 17 ships 3 liners 143 ports

Big or small just think photographing these ships against the backdrop of the 3 Graces is really nice,sadly can't say too many good things about the more modern additions to the skyline but that is another debate & a sign of my age I guess!