Clothes Hangers?

roxmac63

I’m going on 7 day cruise and sharing cabin with a couples of clothes horses. Not that I won’t bring a few things. But, are there plenty of hangers provided? Or should I bring some so it doesn’t come to fista cuffs?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rule of thumb, take half the clothes and twice the cash. We "pack" with clothes"on" wire hangers. Totally unpacked in less than 5 minutes.

Good idea and suggestions. Thanks everybody for responding. You would probably understand my concern if you knew these ladies. Lol

Good idea and suggestions. Thanks everybody for responding. You would probably understand my concern if you knew these ladies. Lol

Well given your "clothes horse"concern I would be more worried about closet and drawer space to fit everything - not enough hangers to put them on. In that case, the advise of packing half the clothes and twice the cash is very appropriate as there is a limit to the storage - and people - space in the staterooms.

I’m going on 7 day cruise and sharing cabin with a couples of clothes horses. Not that I won’t bring a few things. But, are there plenty of hangers provided? Or should I bring some so it doesn’t come to fista cuffs?

Hope it’s a junior suite or above or you will not have enough room for hangers or drawer space. I suggest you bring a few space saving hangers that can accommodate for example multiple pairs of pants or shorts. also storage of luggage under your bed might be a problem for you

Hope it’s a junior suite or above or you will not have enough room for hangers or drawer space.
Depends on the line. Lots of closets on two HAL cruises, most of which can be converted between shelves or hanging closets.

Depends on the line. Lots of closets on two HAL cruises, most of which can be converted between shelves or hanging closets.

Agree. And most staterooms have more than adequate storage. And while 3-4 passengers can occupy some of the staterooms, that typically is done with parents with children. IMO, most staterooms are optimally designed for double occupancy and specific to the OP's concerns, it sounds like there are three adults in this stateroom, two of which apparently like to pack a lot of clothes. Things may get cramped. :)

I've never brought hangers, shoe organizers, towels, poster boards, door decorations, night lights, alarm clocks and other "extraneous" items on a cruise or a land vacation.

Best advice I got on packing was to take half the clothes I thought I would need and twice as much money.

I've never brought hangers, shoe organizers, towels, poster boards, door decorations, night lights, alarm clocks and other "extraneous" items on a cruise or a land vacation.

Best advice I got on packing was to take half the clothes I thought I would need and twice as much money.

Well said! But I still bring too many clothes and shoes and my plastic!!!

I've seen this advice often, but I usually end up with very little unworn clothes (and sometimes hand wash) and always have money left over. Not all advice is one size fits all (but I do think it's wise to bring more money than you think you'll need).

I've seen this advice often, but I usually end up with very little unworn clothes (and sometimes hand wash) and always have money left over. Not all advice is one size fits all (but I do think it's wise to bring more money than you think you'll need).
Agreed. The “pack light” advice, which is VERY common, is probably my least favorite piece of advice anyone gives. Not everyone spends their cruise in swimwear. Me personally, I’d rather bring it and not need it than want it and not have it. If I’m taking a certain size suitcase anyway, I’m going to use the space. I like extra shirts. I get hot easily, so sometimes want to put on a fresh shirt. I think clothes packing is something everyone should experiment with themselves. It’s not much different than packing for a land vacation. Where you’re at, including weather, and what you’re going to do determines a lot of what you wear. That applies on any vacation. If you realize you overpacked the first time, you can adjust. I think that’s better than wishing you had brought something, but didn’t because you followed advice that works for some, but not for everyone.