Daytona 500

tere247

Does anyone know if the Daytona 500 has ever been shown on a Princess cruise.

I have not been on a cruise during that time, but I do not believe they carry Fox Sports 1 nor NBC (Dayton Airer I believe) live on normal in room TV. There is one other possibility, and that is in the bar behind/under the theater. I believe that is location of the sports bar and they may carry additional channels and show it. Not sure if this is still a smoking area though. More than likely not with changes.

The only places I can think of that "might" carry such an event are:

1. The cigar bar - however it can be incredibly smoky in there.

2. Club Fusion if you are on a ship that has that venue. They tend to have television sets all around the back of the bar and show sports on those. I wouldn't expect to hear the commentary though.

We sailed on the Regal Princess this year on Daytona 500 day. I did not see it shown on MUTS. We did not go to the cigar bar. We did find out on our drive down that hotels were booked up by race fans and baseball spring training fans. We finally found a hotel that had one room that had a broken electronic lock. The manager had to open the door with an old-fashioned key. We felt lucky to get a room and paid way too much. Not knowing how far we'd drive down the day before and always being able to find a hotel room before along I-95, we did not make a reservation. If we cruise this weekend again, we'll book a hotel in advance.

Last January we booked a 5-day cruise to Cabo San Lucas on the Ruby Princess. Mrs. XBGuy and I are pretty big race fans. A few weeks prior I realized that we were sailing the day before the Daytona 500. When I mentioned this finding to Mrs. XBGuy she was pretty disappointed.

"They have to have it on the ship's TV, somewhere. Maybe in a bar."

To be honest we didn't look too hard.

However, this is the reason that God created the DVR. We DVRed the race--and the Xfinity race on Saturday.

I have no problem "disconnecting" when I'm on a cruise. However, Mrs. XBGuy cannot do that. So, when we watched the recordings, she knew what was going to happen. For me it was just like watching every other race. We DVR everything. I love blasting through the commercials.

Last January we booked a 5-day cruise to Cabo San Lucas on the Ruby Princess. Mrs. XBGuy and I are pretty big race fans. A few weeks prior I realized that we were sailing the day before the Daytona 500. When I mentioned this finding to Mrs. XBGuy she was pretty disappointed.

"They have to have it on the ship's TV, somewhere. Maybe in a bar."

To be honest we didn't look too hard.

However, this is the reason that God created the DVR. We DVRed the race--and the Xfinity race on Saturday.

I have no problem "disconnecting" when I'm on a cruise. However, Mrs. XBGuy cannot do that. So, when we watched the recordings, she knew what was going to happen. For me it was just like watching every other race. We DVR everything. I love blasting through the commercials.

I purposely will start watching the races late just so I can fast forward through the delays. And if a favorite racer wins, you can save it for a few days and watch the last few laps again!

Edited by TheRabbit