Personal Scuba Gear on Cruise

From the Carnival website on prohibited items (the special considerations list):

• Knives with blades longer than four (4) inches (Recreational dive knives are allowed but must be held in the custody of the Guest Services Manager or Chief Security Officer and must be checked out/in by the owner for dive excursions during the cruise.)

Absolutely not. You will not be diving anywhere that requires a knife and some places knives are banned. We have been diving around the world for 18+ years, never once have I needed my dive knife, so I leave it at home no matter where we travel now.

We had no problems taking our dive knives with us on the Vista in January. We were expecting them to be taken and kept at guest services, but the werent.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

While we haven't cruised in awhile, hubby has brought his personal dive gear, including knife on board before. Guest services just took it and he had to go check it out before the excursion.

That said, many Caribbean locations don't let you dive with a knife because of "environmental concerns" (which won't my dead body cause more problems than a dropped knife? lol)

10 Carnival cruises-dive gear on all 10-with a knife attached to bc for several cruises along with emt shears. No problem. My wife had a knife loose in her dive bag one cruise and they kept it for her to get at the ramp off the boat. The rub--loud alarms went off each and every time prompting others to freak out as the wife collected her knife.....funny! She has NOT taken a knife since!

Absolutely not. You will not be diving anywhere that requires a knife and some places knives are banned. We have been diving around the world for 18+ years, never once have I needed my dive knife, so I leave it at home no matter where we travel now.

So according to you there will never be a spur of the moment emergency underwater that you would need to cut yourself free from debris or a random fishing net? yea ok. Keep telling yourself that.

I stopped schlepping my BC and regulator, takes up too much space and weighs to much. I now pack a shorty, mask, fins, snorkel and my dive computer. The respectable PADI dive shops have had pretty nice equipment recently. When I did bring everything, always had a dive knife in plain view, never confiscated. We NEVER dive with Carnival. We prefer a small private dive group of 4-5 people, not 30+, too disorganized and they depart too early

We don't even take any gear. We rent from the dive shop & always go with a divemaster. Hopefully, he will cut us free if we get hung up in debris. However, we've never had any debris issues where we've gone diving.