Emerald princess-suite passenger embarkation specialty dinner?

Shaunas05

We are sailing on the Emerald Princess in August to Alaska and we are booked in the family suite, which includes "full suite perks" (we are a family of 6, our kids are ages 12,11, 7 and 5)...can anyone tell me about the specialty embarkation dinner perk included in our fare?

Embarkation day happens to also be my birthday, so I considered booking Share or Crown Grille, but now I'm wondering which one is included...I'd love to go to either specialty restaurant and not pay the cover charge for my birthday!? Can anyone give me insight on this? Thank you for any info!

Shauna

We ate in the Crown Grill on embarkation night. I was told that we'd have something in our cabin telling us what time--wasn't there. So I went to Passenger Services and asked what time we were to go to dinner....the man there said it should be in the letter in our room. There was no letter. SO back to Passenger Services. He said we had a choice of 5:30 or 7:30, so we chose 7:30. We just went over to the restaurant a few minutes before 7:30. They had a list of all suite passengers and we were seated immediately. At the end of the evening, there was no bill at all as we hadn't ordered any charged beverages. It couldn't have been easier.....well other than the initial confusion. Crown Grill is included in the suite. I don't know if you can just pay the difference and go to Share. We were totally happy with the Crown Grill and look forward to it on our next cruise.

You can't book this in advance. If you book specialty reservations in advance, you pay for them.

Wow.... now that's the way to celebrate a birthday....in a suite! Good for you..and Happy Birthday!

Call the Dine line once you're in your suite and let them know which specialty restaurant and time you prefer. Also let them know you're celebrating your birthday that evening. Crown Grill is our favorite. The Black and Blue Onion soup if the best!

Jan

If there's no card/letter in your cabin...you can

1) call the Dine Line (but it's hard to get through on the first day)

2) go to the restaurant that's listed in the Patter to confirm a reservation

3) go to Passenger Services as above

If you have a card/letter and the restaurant or time are not to your liking, you can do steps 1,2, or 3 to get it changed.

You can go to Crown Grill or Share; your choice. After you board, just go to which restaurant you want & speak to the host. They'll ask your suite number & book your reservation for whatever time you desire. I believe suite guests get preference over other guests for reservations on embarkation night.

Share was much better than we anticipated but the Crown is my favorite!

I tried the DINE line. It was "answered" by a recording that basically said "call back tomorrow." Not helpful at all. And there was no one at the restaurant--tried that too. That left passenger services desk.

Yes dine line is always very busy on embarkation day. We find it best to go to the restaurant of your choice shortly after you board and arrange direct with them. Don't worry about the first day statement it's only a guide line, we have always had no problem choosing, any date, any time, any restaurant to book.

Thank you guys so much for your advice! I'm thinking we will try the Crown grille- i believe we can go to Share for breakfast throughout the cruise, correct? When we went on the Crown Princess we could eat at Sabatini's for breakfast, and I think that is what Share replaced on the Emerald Princess ship...?

Thank you guys so much for your advice! I'm thinking we will try the Crown grille- i believe we can go to Share for breakfast throughout the cruise, correct? When we went on the Crown Princess we could eat at Sabatini's for breakfast, and I think that is what Share replaced on the Emerald Princess ship...?

We just spent 30 days in a suite on the Emerald, the suite breakfast was in the Crown Grill.

• 1 month later...
We are sailing on the Emerald Princess in August to Alaska and we are booked in the family suite, which includes "full suite perks" (we are a family of 6, our kids are ages 12,11, 7 and 5)...can anyone tell me about the specialty embarkation dinner perk included in our fare?

Embarkation day happens to also be my birthday, so I considered booking Share or Crown Grille, but now I'm wondering which one is included...I'd love to go to either specialty restaurant and not pay the cover charge for my birthday!? Can anyone give me insight on this? Thank you for any info!

Shauna

What a great way to celebrate your birthday! I had my 60th on a Panama Canal cruise and we had our first suite that cruise. Loved everything! We are taking the Alaskan cruise in September on the Emerald and will also be in a suite. I'd love to know how you enjoyed it and which specialty restaurant you chose. Also, curious about the breakfast at Crown. We had breakfast at Sabitini's and LOVED it!! Happy Pre Birthday!!

With the exception of the times we were on the Regal in a suite and could go to the concierge, we always went to the restaurant shortly after lunch in the MDR and booked/changed our first night dining time. At that same time we always book the other nights we go as well.

Of course nothing could beat our Regal sailing in 12/17 when we met up with our friends who were on the week previously. I got on to all my dining reservations made and my sanctuary seats booked for the week. It was like traveling with my own private concierge! :D

• 3 weeks later...