Carnival Valor Premium Vista (Aft Corner) Balcony - Which Deck?

KmomChicago

Hello all. I am looking at a possibility of next year on Valor with my mom, who, if this all works out, is ready to splurge on an aft corner room, category 9C. From the deck plans it looks like these rooms on 7, Empress deck, are a fair margin larger than those on 6 and 8, which are equally odd shaped but don't look much bigger than a standard balcony room with the exception of the outdoor space. Looking for anyone's feedback who have stayed in any of these staterooms. Maybe photos if anyone happens to have a few.

Now the real point is that killer balcony, so if by the time we get around to booking the choices are limited, we would take whatever is left. She would also consider a suite, which I realize would likely provide more floor space but I think she prefers the balcony over the interior space. Thanks for any help. :)

Have been in one on deck 8 on 3 spirit class ships: Legend, Miracle and Spirit. IDK anything about Valor, but we did an aft wrap on Dream, deck 9 I believe and it was not the same. Spirit class has the separate rooms in aft wraps. My advice is to go to cruisedeckplans.com. Click on public site, CCL, Valor and scroll almost to the bottom and you can click on all the deck plans and scroll back and forth. And/or you can also click on your specified deck. Hope someone is more help! HAVE FUN!

Have been in one on deck 8 on 3 spirit class ships: Legend, Miracle and Spirit. IDK anything about Valor, but we did an aft wrap on Dream, deck 9 I believe and it was not the same. Spirit class has the separate rooms in aft wraps. My advice is to go to cruisedeckplans.com. Click on public site, CCL, Valor and scroll almost to the bottom and you can click on all the deck plans and scroll back and forth. And/or you can also click on your specified deck. Hope someone is more help! HAVE FUN!

Hi, Karen. From the deck plan, the room on 7 definitely looks larger than on the other 2 decks, and larger compared to the aft-view balcony rooms next door. Can I trust the drawings of the plans though? Many years ago on Big Red Boat we snagged an inside cabin that looked twice the size of any other on the plans, and in fact it was massive.

On Carnival Sensation, a few of the far forward porthole cabins looked larger (longer) on the plans than other rooms, but when I managed to sneak a peek during daily cleaning, they did not seem to be any bigger than any other room and I would have been irked had I chosen based on that.

Have you talked to my BFF? Google.com? Find out the cabin # and google "pictures of Carnival Valor cabin # 1234." Might get lucky. I am sure with all the experts here someone will chime in, but I do know those aft wraps go fast. GOOD LUCK.

We had a Deck 6 Aft Wrap on the Splendor. We chose Deck 6 because it was the only deck that the aft wrap could accommodate 3 people. Don't know if the same holds true for the Valor. GREAT cabin. If it was just the two of us I would have chose Deck 7 since then there are only cabins above and below you. Deck 6 is above the aft lounge on Promenade deck, but to tell you the truth we never heard anything from there. Above Deck 8 is the Lido, which can be noisy with the chair dragging. :cool:

We have been on deck 6 on conquest class ships, not sure of the differences. On Dream class the 6th is the biggest without a doubt. On Spirit class the 4th rules supreme

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How did you like your deck 6 room on conquest class? Did the interior feel much larger than a standard balcony room? I know you are going to tell me the outside space was fabulous, because, wraparound! ;)

I just took a look at the Dream's deck plan and the 6/7/8 scheme looks very similar to that on Valor; it is a bit hard to gauge the sizes because the layouts are odd and skewed in different directions on different decks.

How did you like your deck 6 room on conquest class? Did the interior feel much larger than a standard balcony room? I know you are going to tell me the outside space was fabulous, because, wraparound! ;)

I just took a look at the Dream's deck plan and the 6/7/8 scheme looks very similar to that on Valor; it is a bit hard to gauge the sizes because the layouts are odd and skewed in different directions on different decks.

It has been a while but I don't remember it being much different. On the Dream class there are def differences. We originally had the 9th floor aft wrap booked on her when she first came out. We have been lucky enough to be invited to the naming ceremonies for the last 6 ships (the Dream was in New York and was a sleep over on the ship). We had a regular room but as everyone was disembarking the next day, I went to see our room for the upcoming cruise and saw how small it was (cabin wise). This was as the room stewards were making up the rooms. So I skipped down to 8, then 7 and then 6. 6th floor is the only one that has a couch (due to the slope of the ship), which we use a lot. SO that is how I know 6 is the biggest. Don't have the actual measurements (I can look if you want on the TA site), but from my eye they got a tad smaller as you went up. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just checked my cruise notes and we were in 7459 aft wrap on Dream. I remember being absolutely shocked when we walked into the cabin because we were so used to the huge aft wraps with the separate rooms on Spirit class ships. OP, I checked cruisedeckplans.com and that deck 7 cabin sure does look much bigger. Guess it all comes down to what is available and whether the cabin or the balcony is the priority. Because those aft wrap balconies are amazing!

Just checked my cruise notes and we were in 7459 aft wrap on Dream. I remember being absolutely shocked when we walked into the cabin because we were so used to the huge aft wraps with the separate rooms on Spirit class ships. OP, I checked cruisedeckplans.com and that deck 7 cabin sure does look much bigger. Guess it all comes down to what is available and whether the cabin or the balcony is the priority. Because those aft wrap balconies are amazing!

The big balcony is absolutely the priority but if we can also get more interior for the same price it just makes sense. Likely by the time she’s ready to book our options will be limited but it’s going to be one of those situations where she decides to go ahead one day and we get online and book immediately. I’d like to be ready to help her make the best choice. We would do regular balcony rooms if that’s all that’s left by then but she is thinking this would be her last cruise and she has a fund ready to whoop it up a bit. She’d love to do the corner with my brother and have us next door in an aft balcony.

If the corner rooms are small inside, that’s okay as long as she knows it going in and doesn’t get fooled into thinking it’s some palatial ballroom.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums