Ventura cabin TV after refit

silversurf

Yes it's true Ventura TV is now down to 10 channels .

1 safety channel

2 excursions

3 shopping

4 BBC world news USA based (when we were on board )

5 Sky news

6 BBC HD tv soaps etc

7 sport 24

8 ventura web cam

21 Navigation info

22 Entertainment ... cruise directors wannabe tv from the Havana bar

click from tv to films and a couple of films are pay per view . enjoy :rolleyes:

Seeing your account was a useful feature, why on earth would they remove it. Must cause more work at reception with people requesting an interim statement instead of just looking it up for themselves.

If you can't easily see what you've spent, without lining up at Guest Services, is there a chance you'll spend more ? Just the cynical marketer in me but I tend to believe it warrants some truth.

Are there any inputs on the TV? Can an HDMI or USB device be plugged in and used?

Not that I intend to spend too long in the cabin of course.

Having just returned from Ventura's first post-refit cruise, I can confirm that neither of those inputs are available - trust me, I looked.

what no movies in cabin now ? !!!

Yes, there were a couple of pay-per-view films but I counted around 30 films across multiple genres that were available free. Having said that, it was not at all easy on the eye looking at Ventura's micro-TV's with a very limited volume to boot.

Have they changed the TVs and if so are they now widescreen and bigger? If not why have they just changed the system which was working fine in March as we left the ship before its refit.

Still the same old 4:3 TV but now with no interactive services.

If you can't easily see what you've spent, without lining up at Guest Services, is there a chance you'll spend more ? Just the cynical marketer in me but I tend to believe it warrants some truth.

That did cross my mind I have to say.

Having not sailed with P&O for a few years but having just returned from Ventura's first post refit cruise, I hadn't at the time realised that the in cabin TVs were new. They are awful in every respect and the lack of smart technology compared to Princess is really apparent. We really missed the free Princess phone app and wish P&O would adopt the same. Taken from the Princess website:

"Princess@Sea is our FREE, award-winning mobile friendly tool offering quick and convenient access to valuable information about the ship while you're onboard! Plan your day's events and activities, review the ship's itinerary and port guides, browse restaurant menus, even access your stateroom account! Plus, the Princess@Sea Messenger allows you to send text messages to other guests onboard!Getting started with Princess@Sea is easy. Simply connect to the ship’s WIFI once onboard, open your browser and Princess@Sea will be the default page that appears. It even operates in "Airplane Mode". No cellular or data charges required!

Princess@Sea and Princess@Sea Messenger are now available on all ships."

Just checked my Cruise Personaliser and it still says on Ventura you can check your on board account on the tv

It also said in P&O Horizon Mag on the back page (Sunday 8th April)

"You can't Take It Home With You ....

With one day of your cruise remaining ,if you still have any on-board spending money on your account do make sure you

use it up - every last penny !

After all you can't cash it in or roll it over. You can make the most of your on-board spending money in our retail or dining outlets , and if you need to check how much you have remaining before choosing you treat you can check and review your account on the in-cabin interactive TV.

When passing Reception they confirmed (the text in red) it was not true and we would need a print out from them .

Just to confirm for you that P&O Ventura has no interactive TV at this present time .

You still have the old TV but not the old interactive remote that used to open your " In cabin account" .

They are new remotes that do not have this function on them .(When I say new , they look old)

Maybe one day they could restore the in cabin accounts but not at this time .

Just checked my Cruise Personaliser and it still says on Ventura you can check your on board account on the tv

It also said on the TV channel list in our cabin in February that Sky Sports news was one of the available channels, but that's not true either.

I haven't been on Ventura but really valued the interactive TV on Azura - I spend more time than average in my cabin and the 'on demand' films etc made my down-time more enjoyable (especially when in an inside cabin).

It sounds like a real retrograde step to have removed the interactive facility from Ventura and it seems that they are going to bring all TVs down to the lower standard, rather than making them all interactive :(

I haven't been on Ventura but really valued the interactive TV on Azura - I spend more time than average in my cabin and the 'on demand' films etc made my down-time more enjoyable (especially when in an inside cabin). :(

Let me refer you to an earlier quote of mine in this thread, where I said.........there were a couple of pay-per-view films but I counted around 30 films across multiple genres that were available free

You will still have a good choice of films but the account-viewing facility has gone.