Limes

kapcruiser

Sometimes its better to ask forgiveness rather than permission. What's the worst thing that could happen? They take away a few limes. I don't think are any serious concerns as long as you don't try to take them off the ship since that is subject to fines for violating laws. In all my years of cruising, I've never seen any signs, etc. stating you can't take fruit onboard.

Last few times room steward gave me pushback when we asked for a couple of wine glasses each day and suggested we get them daily from room service. Solution to that was to borrow some from bars. Who knew we could fill them with limes.:):D

I haven't liked the watermelons on my last couple of cruises, so next time I will bring a few of my own

Hmm the rules police (the anti smuggling ones) on here might have a problem with that and report you to ___. Actually wonder who they would report you too.

Hmm the rules police (the anti smuggling ones) on here might have a problem with that and report you to ___. Actually wonder who they would report you too.

Actually I eat a LOT of watermelon on ship breakfast, lunch and dinner and when getting back from a day in port..helps keep me hydrated......

I am another one who has brought oranges, lemons, and lime (for my water). Once I brought them precut, the screeners made me toss them and advised that it must be in its whole form. I don’t point them out, but they are certainly not hidden amongst my water or soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last few times room steward gave me pushback when we asked for a couple of wine glasses each day and suggested we get them daily from room service. Solution to that was to borrow some from bars. Who knew we could fill them with limes.:):D

We had wine glasses in our cabin when we arrived. Even if we took a wine glass out of the cabin and left it in some bar, he always gave us another 2.

From Carnival FAQ's

Food Items must be pre-packaged and unopened; homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard.

Oops! I never noticed this rule and totally broke it last week. I brought on some pretzels I'd put in a ziplock bag; a half-eaten bag of almonds; and some loose tea in a tupperware container. Oh well. :o:oclear.png?emoji-embarrass-1727

Could be we just had a lazy room steward

It might be ship dependent. On the Pride our steward said they only had water glasses available, not wine glasses. We just took the wine glasses back from MDR for in-room use. We also saw passengers using what looked like the cabin water glasses for their before dinner drinks while waiting for seating.

Limes are pre packaged.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

True.

I use a lime each morning in water for health reasons.

I bring some limes with me, but if I have any left I must unfortunately trash them as I know not to take them off the ship. If the limes are not permitted, then they will need to replace them.