Enchantment Balcony only available for 3 or more?

Hi - we've had a week open up this coming October so we are considering a short 4 day cruise on Enchantment. She was our first cruise 5 years ago so we thought it would be nice to go back on her and see how we will enjoy a smaller ship after our recent Oasis class cruises. When checking on the RC website for the Oct 22 cruise for 2 people it shows that the standard balconies are sold out however if you up your number of people to 3 or more the rooms become available. Is this a site glitch or do they really only want to sell balcony rooms to groups with 3 or more in the room?

As a result of this we are now considering a JS which we can book with only 2. The double points will get us up to Platinum for our Anthem cruise in February. I just found it odd that balconies are not showing up for 2.

i just Checked the TA website and it does look like they are sold out of balcony cabins that sleep 2. Royal started a while ago enforcing occupancy rates....quad cabins they only sell to 3 or more. You could always book the JS and keep checking the website, if a balcony became available you could always switch.

We are sailing on Enchantment this summer and our TA was able to book our direct rooms for the balcony with 3 people however the other two balconies that we wanted with only 2 person occupancy will need to be assigned later.

This happened to me a about 3 years ago. I wanted a room for 2, for my daughter and me. I ended up booking the room for 3 and added my husband, but cancelled him a little later. Still had the room and it was just the two of us. If you book now, you will probably still have time to cancel the third person before final payment and there should not be any charges. Again, this was about 3 years ago, but it worked for me.

I would call. I am a widow who sails solo a lot, and occasionally hits cabin occupancy road blocks. Phone calls have removed most (if not all) of them.

Great post, also if you book an ocean view, you can check as the cruise gets closer. I was able to book a balcony for 2 this September.

Great post, also if you book an ocean view, you can check as the cruise gets closer. I was able to book a balcony for 2 this September.

Why are they making balconies on Enchantment only available for 3 or more? I’ve never heard of rationing balcony rooms. Is this something new we have to look forward to on other ships? Or is it just this ship?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why are they making balconies on Enchantment only available for 3 or more? I’ve never heard of rationing balcony rooms. Is this something new we have to look forward to on other ships? Or is it just this ship?

Royal has minimum occupancy requirements on selected sailings on other ships too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It’s not all balconies, only the ones that can hold more than 2. It appears that all the double occupancy balcony cabins are sold out.