Carnival Vista IMAX questions

notsure500

I leave on the Vista on 4/29/18 and Avengers comes out 2 days before. I won't be able to see it before I leave and have been really looking forward to it so I'm wondering what are the crowds like for big opening movies the first week? Did anyone sail on the Vista when Black Panther or Star Wars came out for instance? And can I purchase the tickets in advance when I first board? I'm wanting to watch it on the first sea day (day after we depart Miami).

I leave on the Vista on 4/29/18 and Avengers comes out 2 days before. I won't be able to see it before I leave and have been really looking forward to it so I'm wondering what are the crowds like for big opening movies the first week? Did anyone sail on the Vista when Black Panther or Star Wars came out for instance? And can I purchase the tickets in advance when I first board? I'm wanting to watch it on the first sea day (day after we depart Miami).
Are you sure it's even playing aboard? I sailed the Vista and enjoyed the IMAX but was under the impression that the "newest" new releases as those that just open at the box office weren't on the ship. Newer movies but not opening day movies .... maybe I'm wrong but you better check and not assume it's playing on the ship.

I read a review a few days ago and they said they watched a movie on Imax a day before it was released. I can’t remember which movie it was, I’ll see if I can find the thread. But from what I’m hearing it’s not like the movies under the stars. It’s a real theater with first run movies.

Are you sure it's even playing aboard? I sailed the Vista and enjoyed the IMAX but was under the impression that the "newest" new releases as those that just open at the box office weren't on the ship. Newer movies but not opening day movies .... maybe I'm wrong but you better check and not assume it's playing on the ship.

I'm actually not 100% sure. Do you know where I can check what is actually playing right now on the ship, or an upcoming schedule?

I'm actually not 100% sure. Do you know where I can check what is actually playing right now on the ship, or an upcoming schedule?

Haven't located schedule, but did find someone post on October 29, 2017 that they had Jigsaw, Geostorm, Bladerunner in the Imax. And Jigsaw came out October 26, 2017

We sailed on the Vista repo from NYC to Miami in 2016. The ship departed NYC on November 16. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was released in the US on November 18. We watched that film in the IMAX on that cruise.

There are typically 2 new release type movies shown during a cruise in addition to the standard IMAX movies about nature, space, etc.

John Heald will sometimes post on his Facebook page what new release movies are showing on the IMAX any given week. He posted yesterday that the Vista cruise leaving today and the Horizon cruise leaving tomorrow will both have Rampage and Ready Player One showing in the IMAX.

I think they try to have the biggest 2 movies in the US with the broadest appeal showing in the IMAX to maximize ticket sales. We're sailing on the Horizon at the end of May right when the Han Solo movie comes out. I fully expect to watch it in IMAX on the cruise. If it's not shown, I'll be surprised but it won't ruin my cruise.

I was on the Vista in February and went to the IMAX theater and saw Fifty Shades Freed the day after it came out in theaters and it is really a great place but was quite large for a ship but wasn't crowded. Very comfortable seats and you don't have to worry about someone sitting in front of you and blocking your view as the seating for each row is high enough that it wouldn't matter if someone was in front of you.

Looks like Rampage and Ready Player One is playing on yours. I found this info on John Healds page. We were also super excited to possibly see Avengers on the ship for our May 5 sailing but they changed the release date a while back so we're playing it safe and going today

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app