What's your favorite and least favorite Royal Caribbean Ships? (List 3 or less in e

For ships I've been on:

Favourite: Explorer, Adventure

Least Favourite: Enchantment (and this is just me being picky - Majesty was my first solo cruise so I couldn't pick it.)

Also, for a ship I've never been on, I have no desire to go on Grandeur. I wish another ship would leave from Baltimore so I could try it out.

Thanks Dan! I figured Freedom Class would be fine on size it looks like all it is a is slightly larger Voyager class. Good to know cause I was thinking about booking Liberty of the Seas soon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Forums mobile app

Freedom class feels like a stretched Voyager class. Same width, but the promenade is longer and Sorrento's and the Cafe promenade are at each end of the promenade rather than being combined. Freedom class has the cantilevered hot tubs off the side of the ship (which make the stats look wider even though the main beam of the ship is roughly the same as Voyager). Freedom class has room for the splash park for kids on the pool deck. Freedom class also has fresh water pools, which is a nice bonus. Other than that they feel virtually the same.

We just got off the Liberty in January and LOVED it, despite our cold weather. We've been on all three Freedom class ships, and it might be our favorite. Great crew. Best dining of the three. Granted we've only done the Freedom once, Independence twice, and Liberty once, so we have limited exposure.

Happy sailing.

Dan

Favorites : Empress and Rhapsody. (Older and smaller ships rule to me!)

Least favorite: Mariner, Freedom and Navigator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Empress is my favorite in the fleet going on Empress for the 3rd time next February. I love how simple and intimate the ship is. And the whole ship is full of glass there isn't a single spot on that ship where you don't see the ocean except an inside cabin of course but one step outside your cabin and you get that ocean view...

For ships I've been on:

Favourite: Explorer, Adventure

Least Favourite: Enchantment (and this is just me being picky - Majesty was my first solo cruise so I couldn't pick it.)

Also, for a ship I've never been on, I have no desire to go on Grandeur. I wish another ship would leave from Baltimore so I could try it out.

I had to edit mines. I just remembered my Rhapsody cruise - although it was my bucket list trip, I didn't enjoy the ship and it would defintely be my least favourite.

This is a tough one because all classes have their pros and cons and when we sailed on the different classes "that ship" was always at the time we sailed, " the largest cruise ship at sea".

Favorite:

Oasis of the Seas (and her sisters)

Nordic Empress ( now Empress of the Seas)

Sovereign of the Seas

Least Favorites:

Song of Norway

Okay here goes and why

Favorite all time RCCL ships

Sovereign of the Seas(1990) - This was the beginning of my loyalty to RC. SOS was the crown jewel of the Caribbean fleet for years. I can understand those that may not like it now but in its day it stood alone at the top.

Oasis of the Seas - Radical change in ship design and cruise experience but still maintains that RC "feel". The neighborhood concept has struck an overall positive nerve with the cruising public. If I get tired of one neighborhood I just move to another.

Harmony of the Seas - just a slightly better adjustment to Oasis.

Least Favorite

Song of Norway - Wasn't suppose to sail on her as she was being sold but a fire on the Monarch construction kept her in the Southern Caribbean a while longer. First RC ship that was stretched but past its prime. Not happy with ship but the cruise was loads of fun.

Like many of you, I've loved every ship I've been on. That said:

Favorite--Harmony for the best food, shows and guest service. I didn't mind the missing Solarium pool.

Least favorite--Monarch We still had 2 great cruises on her, the she doesn't compare to our fondness for the big ships.

We sail in May on Anthem; I'm looking forward to checking out the difference in Oasis Class and Quantum Class.

Then back to Oasis class on Symphony in September.

Barb

Curious what didn't you like about Oasis? I wasn't a fan of Anthem cause I thought it was too crowded was Oasis also too crowded? I know its huge and bigger than Anthem, but figured maybe they spread everyone out enough on this ship...

Way too crowded, even at the pier. It took our cab at least 30 minutes to find a place to drop us off; he was continually deverted to a different area. We often had to wait for multiple elevators because they were all full. (Mobility issue prevented me from walking several floors)

I've heard RCI advertise Oasis as a "ship where you won't feel like you're on a ship". When I cruise, I want to feel like I'm on a cruise. You can walk around several decks and never see water. We always pre-request a table by the window in the MDR. We were given a table by the window but they're frosted so you can't see out.

There were many positives (I did love the diving show) but the ship is too big to go to the more remote locations.

Way too crowded, even at the pier. It took our cab at least 30 minutes to find a place to drop us off; he was continually deverted to a different area. We often had to wait for multiple elevators because they were all full. (Mobility issue prevented me from walking several floors)

I've heard RCI advertise Oasis as a "ship where you won't feel like you're on a ship". When I cruise, I want to feel like I'm on a cruise. You can walk around several decks and never see water. We always pre-request a table by the window in the MDR. We were given a table by the window but they're frosted so you can't see out.

There were many positives (I did love the diving show) but the ship is too big to go to the more remote locations.

That was my main issue with Anthem it almost seemed like RCL forgot why we cruise? I want to feel like I am on a ship also. I understand RCL is competing with land resorts and Disney and going after that market is fine I just hope they don't forget their base. The new ships they have already planned past 2020 aren't really any smaller. It would be nice if they built some smaller ships along with the bigger ones like they did with the Radiance class when they were building the big Voyager class back in the early 2000s.

Way too crowded, even at the pier. It took our cab at least 30 minutes to find a place to drop us off; he was continually deverted to a different area. We often had to wait for multiple elevators because they were all full. (Mobility issue prevented me from walking several floors).

Nothing personal, but outside of Spring Break and major holidays if you find the Oasis class too crowded, better planning is needed. Arrive earlier or a non- peak time for the pier stuff. For the elevators, if you are getting out of a show in the aqua theater and need to go to a different deck on the other end of the ship, do your travel on that deck first then take the elevator at the other end. Everyone goes for the closest elevator. The only time I found Oasis crowded was on the promenade during character parades and big sales.

Been on Voyager, Freedom, Vision, Quantum and Anthem, and although they're 'all favourites', I do have a thing for Voyager; maybe because she was our first cruise in 2010, but I do appreciate the layout and the esthetics of the Voyager and Freedom classes. Spacious, open decks, wrap-around promenade, helipad access, the large hot-tub in the gym, (replaced by a boxing ring on Freedom; has anyone seen this in use?) free saunas, and the 'yacht-like' lines of the exterior (in my opinion being ruined by the latest add-ons; waterslides and more cabins on top of the gym). Always somewhere to go and just sit, if that's what you want; aquarium bar, boleros, champagne bar, viking crown.... old egyptian art, statues, columns, the consistent 'las vegas - feel' to your surroundings.

Quantum and Anthem are both spectacular ships, and I've enjoyed myself on both (and looking forward to another cruise on Anthem in 2019). But they feel more crowded. Perhaps due to the layout, or the dynamic/my time dining, where you lose the crowd management benefits of having half of the ship eat at the same time as with traditional dining? Having said that I've had a ball on Quantum and Anthem; Two70 is an attraction itself, and I could have made the solarium my home. Or Vintages. And Starwater might be the most impressive stageshow i've ever seen on a cruise ship (or maybe even on land!)

But I do miss good old Voyager :)

anyway - some musings there. :)

Nothing personal, but outside of Spring Break and major holidays if you find the Oasis class too crowded, better planning is needed. Arrive earlier or a non- peak time for the pier stuff. For the elevators, if you are getting out of a show in the aqua theater and need to go to a different deck on the other end of the ship, do your travel on that deck first then take the elevator at the other end. Everyone goes for the closest elevator. The only time I found Oasis crowded was on the promenade during character parades and big sales.

Thanks for your comments Bill. I was on Oasis over Halloween so i don't think that qualifies as a major holiday. I cruise fairly often and have always arrived around the same time; 11, and shouldn't have to change for one ship. In Oasis' defense, I've never cruised out of the port before so it may be just that; the port that caused the problem.

Just voicing my opinion. It's possible I'll cruise a mega ship again but much prefer other ships.

Enjoying this thread as I sail on Anthem in Dec, and it’s getting a lot of love (just a little hate.) Surprised at couple of responses listing Sovereign as least favorite. Lot of sentimental feelings for Sovereign: 1st cruise ever 30 years ago and it was magical—world’s largest ship, spectacular midnight buffets. It also was my 1st time traveling with my then girlfriend and current wife. I was so perplexed at the comments I looked it up and learned Sovereign was cited for dumping pollutants in the ocean in the 90’s, so if that is the reason for the hate it is understandable but it will forever hold a special fondness for me.

Favorite ship - Freedom of the Seas

Reason: As a smoker this is one of the last ships to have a cigar bar until refurb in 2020.

Least favorite - Any ship that does not have a Promenade

Reason: If you want a cup of coffee before 7 a.m. or after 12 midnight you're calling room service.

Favorite)

Oasis class: Perfect in so many ways. I don't have any issues with crowds at all, find everyone disappears into the ship beautifully. I do dislike needing appointments for everything, and not being able to visit Caymans but it's my only complaint.

Radiance class: Took me forever to try this class and what a fool I was. I loved the smaller ship. We got to know everyone, no lines, no crowds, still felt new and updated, amazing views, didn't miss the promenade. Only complaint was a lack of late night food options.

Navigator: This particular ship has amazing art throughout it. I felt myself staring at the art often, and loved that about the ship.

Indy: Because I got married on this ship, and my wife would kill me if I didn't say it.... but see below. :halo:

Least Favorite)

Freedom class: The space per passenger ratio feels a little off on this ship. It feels like there's not enough space for everyone. On a full freedom class ship, I notice the crowds more than a full Oasis class or Voyager class. Still it's a good balance

My wife and I have only done Carnival, we will be doing our first Royal cruise on the Anthem next year. You both are on opposite sides, could you tell me why you made this choice on the Anthem?

Our problem with that ship was there are way too many cabins for the amount of entertainment venue space. You spend more time waiting in line to do anything then you spend doing them. If you don't go at least an hour early or more, plan on sitting at the back.

Any Oasis class ship ... leaving from Miami or Fort Lauderdale .

Been on Voyager class, Freedom class, Oasis class and Radiance class and the Anthem .

Least fav was Serenade , that centrum doesn't cut it for me .Nice classic style ship though.

Anthem , really wanted to like it , because its closer to fly to , but didn't like the cab ride through construction and heavy traffic , and the rough Atlantic seas . Ship was ok , but I wont be back .

Oasis has lots of walking areas and the promenade is perfect for strolling .

We have decided that only Oasis class from now on .

Have Allure coming up in a few months .

Its nice that RCCL gives you so many choices , they have something for everybody .

After I get to diamond status , I may try Celebrity Solstice class

Just off the Anthem today and stumbled on this post, so here it goes:

Favorite: Liberty, Allure

Least Favorite: Anthem

Don’t get me wrong, I had a great time, but could not help thinking something was “off”. Reading other posts I realize, yes!, believe it or not, ocean views were lacking. Felt like a floating mall. The North Star, iFly and Spectra’s Cabaret were awesome, as was the indoor pool for that first chilly day, but the rest, was meh. I really missed the good ‘ol 3 Level dining room. Avoid the esplanade when sales are going on - very narrow compared with other ships.

As we were packing last night our 13 year old said, if we cruise again then on the Allure if possible. Yup, I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums