Sapphire Princess

CretaMed88

The pictures I have seen show a lot of tile work done (restrooms, pools, etc...), all new green carpet on the pool decks, all new carpet in the hallways on the decks (classy tan with black as opposed to blue and orange), new carpet in the dining rooms, wired for ***** (but not active), new beds, new tvs, new LED light walk installed on the stage in Club Fusion, theatre also has light wall. Honestly, it would not surprise me if every surface was replaced by what I saw. It looks brand new inside!

The only things I can remember that’s not in your comprehensive information is replacing old worn out upholstery & renovating the youth center.

Maybe the lack of information from the first post-drydock cruise is because they’re having so much fun that they don’t have time to post. :D

The only things I can remember that’s not in your comprehensive information is replacing old worn out upholstery & renovating the youth center.

Maybe the lack of information from the first post-drydock cruise is because they’re having so much fun that they don’t have time to post. :D

Let’s hope so lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let’s hope so lol

Based on previous experiences, it’s more likely to have post-drydock issues posted about so to me no news is good news. ;)

But like everyone else sailing the Sapphire this summer I’m eagerly looking forward to information while impatiently waiting for our cruises.

Can anyone direct us to where we can see some of the photos while and after she was in dry dock?

Here’s a link to a FB page for the Sapphire’s current CD Martin Kidd (Martin Cruise on FB) that has a couple of photos during the drydock. I do not have a FB account & could still view his photos from 4/1.

https://www.facebook.com/martinkcruise/?hc_ref=ARTejW-WHuJwyqOT_5k63lB6YgFazvP53Su86FMUckkb1I8igqghPh0H3cwxThroWAY

I have not seen any other photos which may be due to the Singapore drydock being primarily only maintenance & refurbishment with nothing new.

Someone has reported that currently 400 TV's are not working on Sapphire, anybody know more on this? We are on her for B2B's in May/June.:loudcry: I read in posts on this thread that new TV's were installed in recent refurb in Singapore.

Here’s a link to a FB page for the Sapphire’s current CD Martin Kidd (Martin Cruise on FB) that has a couple of photos during the drydock. I do not have a FB account & could still view his photos from 4/1.

https://www.facebook.com/martinkcruise/?hc_ref=ARTejW-WHuJwyqOT_5k63lB6YgFazvP53Su86FMUckkb1I8igqghPh0H3cwxThroWAY

I have not seen any other photos which may be due to the Singapore drydock being primarily only maintenance & refurbishment with nothing new.

Thanks! Enjoyed seeing that...lots of work going on!!

Thanks for posting this. Looks like a lot of work has been done. Makes me even more excited for our September cruise.

Someone has reported that currently 400 TV's are not working on Sapphire, anybody know more on this? We are on her for B2B's in May/June.:loudcry: I read in posts on this thread that new TV's were installed in recent refurb in Singapore.

After the Diamond Princess dry dock when new TVs were installed, they all worked but many had not been programmed for the on demand system. They also did not have the "old" tv guide to stations and finally had all up and running one day before our cruise ended. Sounds like it might be a similar issue.

Hi Uncle Les & others - I have a friend onboard the current repositioning cruise in a balcony cabin.

Captain is Paolo Ravera - was on the Australian Princess ships. Other master is probably Capt.Heikki Laakkonen ? [Finnish]

Food is good - anytime dining in the 4 smaller dining rooms - but with one only after 19:30.

No guest speakers, newspapers or bridge instructor.

New mattresses in her cabin that are very comfortable - Princess has said change of mattresses will be complete in June.

New pillows should arrive in Barcelona.

No mention of TV, AC or toilet problems.

Other master is probably Capt.Heikki Laakkonen ? [Finnish]

Captain Heikki is listed for our June cruise.

I would have thought all the cabins would have gotten the mattresses during dry dock. Just hope mine does for my cruise :)

Thanks for report.

Hi Uncle Les & others - I have a friend onboard the current repositioning cruise in a balcony cabin.

Captain is Paolo Ravera - was on the Australian Princess ships. Other master is probably Capt.Heikki Laakkonen ? [Finnish]

Food is good - anytime dining in the 4 smaller dining rooms - but with one only after 19:30.

No guest speakers, newspapers or bridge instructor.

New mattresses in her cabin that are very comfortable - Princess has said change of mattresses will be complete in June.

New pillows should arrive in Barcelona.

No mention of TV, AC or toilet problems.

Cheers mate, my brother in law and sister in law are also on since Singapore, going to Southampton, but not sending E mails. Yes we got advice Heikki Laakonen will be Master. We have a mini suite, same one on both B2B's, I hope the new mattresses are in.:hearteyes:

Cheers mate, my brother in law and sister in law are also on since Singapore, going to Southampton, but not sending E mails. Yes we got advice Heikki Laakonen will be Master. We have a mini suite, same one on both B2B's, I hope the new mattresses are in.:hearteyes:

Yeah, I'll be very disappointed if we are stuck with the old mattresses during our Scandinavian cruise in May (I believe this is the first of your B2B's)