Diamond lounge, Don't be so cheap.

I got a double Bailey's last night in theater. Asked for it in a wine glass because those fit best in the cup holders.

BTW, Bailey's was actually Molly's.

It's quite good, but no doubt cheaper

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I always ask for my cosmopolitans to be in a rock glass instead of a martini glass as it is easier to walk around with it.

<<<SNIP>>>we don't tip the waiters till the last evening, Usually $30.00 dollars or so.

We used to do this until one cruise when the wait staff was changed during the last day or two of the sailing. We felt bad for the folks that (almost) missed out on our intended tip (we sought them out elsewhere on the ship and tipped them anyway). Now we tip by the drink.

I always ask for my cosmopolitans to be in a rock glass instead of a martini glass as it is easier to walk around with it.

Less spillage for sure!!:o Aaaaah, looking forward to those lemon drops and cosmos!!!;p

Personally I tend to find the tipping process quite stressful in the US. I get the impression that there is an expected amount you are meant to tip for each activity, but never sure what that percentage is. If someone is willing to enlightened me I would be grateful.

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify, I am talking about about land restaurants in US. Many restaurants now show suggested tip - they usually give a choice of 15, 18 or 20% of the bill. If you have a party of more than 6 or 8 restaurants will sometimes charge an automatic tip - read your bill. Waiters/servers often make around $3 per hour, therefore tips are very important to them. Some split tips with bartender and/or bus boy.

If you are sitting in a bar and not eating it's normal to tip the bartender or waiter. I usually tip the same percentages, or perhaps "round off" bill and just leave extra cash on the bar when I leave.

Hope that helps.

We used to do this until one cruise when the wait staff was changed during the last day or two of the sailing. We felt bad for the folks that (almost) missed out on our intended tip (we sought them out elsewhere on the ship and tipped them anyway). Now we tip by the drink.

Exactly. It was a pair of Pinnacle friends who taught us that. Years ago we switched from tipping at the end to a buck a drink. Just have to remember to get to the bank before we cruise to get a wad of dollar bills!

We never tip in the DL. I never carry cash or a wallet with me while on the ship, it all stays in the safe.

Now, if someone went above and beyond throughout the cruise in the DL I will tip them at the end of the cruise.

The DH and I don't carry wallet or purse ever on the ship either.

But we do make sure he has 6-8 dollar bills in his pocket before we leave for the DL/CL/SL. The waiters make sure they get to us right away after the first night when they see we are tipping with each drink. Many times they have our preferred drinks in hand as we are seating ourselves. ;)

As for Meals we do Chops and maybe another restaurant and we pay 18 percent on top of the daily gratuities, as i feel it is pety to take the auto gratuities off as these people do need to get paid and work hard and just because i want a specialty restaurant they should not be punished for it. So for 2 evenings i pay twice which should not even be an issue it a small amount and makes another happy, they deserve it in the dining room as they are very nice and work hard. (you can see it in their face, they are tired but smiling)

We also do specialty dining at least a couple nights a week and never imagined anyone actually removes their tips for that. In fact we have gone an entire cruise without going to the MDR or Windjammer for dinner. But we have never thought about it as tipping double. The same wait staff that are in the MDR work in either the MDR or Windjammer for either breakfast or lunch and I think they deserve their tip for that.

Both my husband & I worked in the tipped industry in our younger years when it was $1.68/hour plus tips todays tipped wage is $2.13/hour unless you live in one of the west coast states (they actually pay full minimum wage). We choose to sail on a Miami based cruise line which follows the American standard so tipping never bothers us. In the US the tipped wage salary can be paid to anyone in the service industry that earns more than $30/month in tips. We have never looked at that gratuity as nothing more than a service fee as it is an already factored in price of the meal, drinks, or service. We always tip extra with cash so it goes directly to the person. Tipping gives incentive for better service and if the service industry did away with tips and paid higher wages they would just charge you more to start with and most likely you would be paying more for a lower standard of service.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Funny.:D The only reason I asked about the Freedom is if they were allowing the 3 voucher drinks that are loaded on your Seapass card to be used in the MDR?

Royal is, of course, "royally inconsistent," and, always on Royal, "circumstances alter cases." Oct. 2017, here's how the policy was being applied according to forum members. By now, it could be the reverse of what it was then:

Well, it appears that, as usual with Royal, "circumstances alter cases." The Oasis class is pretty clearly "use the drinks on your sea pass card anywhere you want to." Others seem to vary depending on the waiter/guest relations/etc. The information handed out on the ships is consistent (not possible to use sea pass cards in restaurants), but practice varies from ship to ship.

Allure (Oasis Class) is a YES--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Harmony (Oasis Class) is a YES--Perhaps not at Rising Tide Bar

Oasis (Oasis Class) is a YES--seems to include Rising Tide Bar

Anthem (Quantum Class) is a NO

Freedom (Freedom Class) is a NO--but maybe possible with the waiter complicit

Adventure (Voyager Class) is a NO

Explorer (Voyager Class) is a YES

Navigator (Voyager Class) is a YES --confirmed by Diamond Lounge

concierge (in writing) after checking with Food and Beverage manager and loyalty ambassador

Jewell (Radiance Class) is a Maybe--Reports are definitely mixed

Serenade (Radiance Class) --reported, but not experienced, as a NO

Grandeur (Vision Class) is a NO

Vision (Vision Class) is a YES

Majesty (Sovereign Class) is a NO

Empress (Empress Class) is a YES

We never tip in the DL. I never carry cash or a wallet with me while on the ship, it all stays in the safe.

Now, if someone went above and beyond throughout the cruise in the DL I will tip them at the end of the cruise.

Because we don't pay a gratuity with our free drink I think it is only fair to tip at least a dollar a drink to whatever server brings it. I carry a small wristlet purse with my card and a few dollar bills - works well without carrying a full sized purse.

Exactly. It was a pair of Pinnacle friends who taught us that. Years ago we switched from tipping at the end to a buck a drink. Just have to remember to get to the bank before we cruise to get a wad of dollar bills!

I started getting $2 bills a few years ago. My theory (and it may not be correct) is that the $2 bill is more memorable because of its rarity so that I become more memorable as well when I want another drink.

I started getting $2 bills a few years ago. My theory (and it may not be correct) is that the $2 bill is more memorable because of its rarity so that I become more memorable as well when I want another drink.

That's a nice idea, and I have a collection of 2.00 bills, but was worried the waiters would have trouble with them...as they are not the norm? Have they said anything to you about them?

There has been discussion in the past about $2 bills. Not a fan. I have had them given to me and also had them refused at land-based stores! A lot of people in the US have never seen one and don't think they are real. Makes it hard for staff don't always realize they are "real" and not a souvenir and have trouble cashing/using.

OK, I'm obviously not talking about cruise critic members because we all tip $1 min.per drink right? It's all those others and it's a lot of people, where nothings happening, some are hard pushed to say thank you. That's what my wife says and believe me, she's always right. These are cruises out of Florida.

What ship do you bartend on?

Guest maddycat

The waiters/bar staff remember anyone who tips them. More importantly, they remember you favorably if you are polite and pleasant. I personally think that $2 bills are a nuisance that the server will have a hard time using.