Sky suite class question

When sailing in sky class we’ll be eating at Coastal Kitchen and have reserved seating at some shows. Do we need to make reservations for dinner or shows before we sail? And what about the comedy show - I don’t remember seeing any reserved seating in there.

When sailing in sky class we’ll be eating at Coastal Kitchen and have reserved seating at some shows. Do we need to make reservations for dinner or shows before we sail? And what about the comedy show - I don’t remember seeing any reserved seating in there.
About 6 or 7 days before the cruise the concierge will email you. I usually request my ck dinner times through email before boarding. The only show younwill have to make reservations for ia the comedy show. All others you can show your plum card at least 20min bwfore show and you will be let in. There is a section that is reserved for suite guests. If there are seats left in suite sectuon, they are opened to everyone about 10min before start of show.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

My Sky class experience on Oasis - you need to book the comedy show. If it is full the concierge may be able to help but don't count on it.

All other shows have reserved seating - as someone said just show your card at the door. They hold the reserved section until 20 min before the show. I had reserved some of the shows (initially I was in a non-suite, when I told the person scanning cards they did not even scan us in).

Agree request Coastal Kitchen times when you get the e-mail

There did not seem to be any other way to prebook

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

If you’re on oasis class I’d recommend reserving before the sailing - coastal kitchen especially gets busy on those ships, by pre-booking you’re much more likely to get the times and days you want

Thank you [emoji4] We will be on Oasis.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

About 6 or 7 days before the cruise the concierge will email you. I usually request my ck dinner times through email before boarding. The only show younwill have to make reservations for ia the comedy show. All others you can show your plum card at least 20min bwfore show and you will be let in. There is a section that is reserved for suite guests. If there are seats left in suite sectuon, they are opened to everyone about 10min before start of show.

Thanks.

Definitely book the comedy show. If you are only going to book one, that is the one. However, I’d book them all, but we are planners. ;)

Yes, I’m a planner too - I usually create my own schedule with all our reservations on it. So not reserving anything is making me uneasy [emoji51]

I’ll definitely reserve the comedy show.

BTW do you know what this is about (we’ll be on Oasis end of October)IMG_6530.thumb.JPG.c39ba6ae095ea7b5420351d45744d3a5.JPG

That's how I do it also. Very convenient. :)

My Sky class experience on Oasis - you need to book the comedy show. If it is full the concierge may be able to help but don't count on it.

All other shows have reserved seating - as someone said just show your card at the door. They hold the reserved section until 20 min before the show. I had reserved some of the shows (initially I was in a non-suite, when I told the person scanning cards they did not even scan us in).

Agree request Coastal Kitchen times when you get the e-mail

There did not seem to be any other way to prebook

Sent from my VS987 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for this. So they don’t even scan your card for the shows when you’re in a suite? So if I do make reservations for shows with the reserved seating for suites then I could be blocking out seats in the reservation system that I won’t use once on board - in other words I could be taking up 4 reservations that someone else won’t be able to get prior to boarding as seating is limited and reservations usually fill up.

I think I’ll just book the comedy show.

Yes, I’m a planner too - I usually create my own schedule with all our reservations on it. So not reserving anything is making me uneasy [emoji51]

I’ll definitely reserve the comedy show.

BTW do you know what this is about (we’ll be on Oasis end of October)[ATTACH]419983[/ATTACH]

I honestly don’t know.

We are typically in Star Class and they give me a by pass the line band. I might use it once the entire cruise, and around day 5. If the line is long and it just show up, I jump in the skip the line and do 1 quick run. I purposely fall to get wet, then get in the regular line. I then get some teasing from the fellow riders that I have become friends with all week.

To me personally it goes against the spirit of flowriding. I’m not sure what Sky gets you.

This was our experience. We were under the impression that we really needed to make reservations for CK (Oasis in late Feb, in a GS). So I sent the email to concierge with our preferred dinner time. After a day or 2 into the cruise we realized that they (CK) were pretty flexible about when you arrived, for which we were very grateful.

As far as the shows, we made reservations for a few shows (especially the comedy) and the ones that we didn't have reservations for worked out just fine.

This was our experience. We were under the impression that we really needed to make reservations for CK (Oasis in late Feb, in a GS). So I sent the email to concierge with our preferred dinner time. After a day or 2 into the cruise we realized that they (CK) were pretty flexible about when you arrived, for which we were very grateful.

As far as the shows, we made reservations for a few shows (especially the comedy) and the ones that we didn't have reservations for worked out just fine.

That's what we found also. I made reservations for 7 pm for each night thru the concierge email return. Made for that time since usually we go to happy hour around 6:00 when most have gone to dinner, thus not so busy. Found it was pretty empty with plenty of seats at 5 pm, so each night I would let the hostess know we were sitting at the bar and in no hurry, but if she wanted to fill a table between 6-7 we would take it at any time.

Worked well, as she simply came over to get us when she was ready.

I honestly don’t know.

We are typically in Star Class and they give me a by pass the line band. I might use it once the entire cruise, and around day 5. If the line is long and it just show up, I jump in the skip the line and do 1 quick run. I purposely fall to get wet, then get in the regular line. I then get some teasing from the fellow riders that I have become friends with all week.

To me personally it goes against the spirit of flowriding. I’m not sure what Sky gets you.

Thanks. It was listed under sky but I honestly think it’s for star class. RCI’s website can’t be trusted to be correct [emoji57]

How good is CK? We have a owners suite on oasis in November, normally eat most meals in specialty restaurants , is menu large? For anyone who also does celebrity how does it compare to there suite restaurant?

Have not compared to Celebrity, have not been on those ships yet...but for us the meals in CK were better than the specialty restaurants. The steak was one of the best I ever had, much better IMHO than Chops. We love the relaxed atmosphere in there. Enjoyed it for breakfast and lunch also.

No not a large menu...but we usually always find something we enjoy. :)

Have not compared to Celebrity, have not been on those ships yet...but for us the meals in CK were better than the specialty restaurants. The steak was one of the best I ever had, much better IMHO than Chops. We love the relaxed atmosphere in there. Enjoyed it for breakfast and lunch also.

No not a large menu...but we usually always find something we enjoy. :)

Thanks really looking forward to our first oasis size cruise and first owners suite , celebrity suite dinning was also excellent but small menu, there advantage is all there ships have a suite dinning room.

Thanks really looking forward to our first oasis size cruise and first owners suite , celebrity suite dinning was also excellent but small menu, there advantage is all there ships have a suite dinning room.

A "sweet" suite indeed that you chose. You will love it. And not just one but another "additional toilet" in the bathroom also. ;)

Don't forget that beer, sodas, wine, and cheap bubbly available in the Suites Lounge from 11 am - 11 pm. Also can order for no charge a glass of wine/beer at lunch in CK.

One of the nicest things was being able to go up to CK for lunch on embarkation day. You can also leave your carry on in there while waiting for your cabin to open.

How good is CK? We have a owners suite on oasis in November, normally eat most meals in specialty restaurants , is menu large? For anyone who also does celebrity how does it compare to there suite restaurant?

I can give you our impression of CK vs Luminae. I think that both of the menus are somewhat limited and the food in both CK and L are good. L has the best soup I have ever had and the presentation....wonderful. Not so great in CK (soup that is). L's filet Mignon was better than CK. Most of the other meals were comparable. I can't compare CK to specialty dining because we only did 1 on Oasis. But I would say that Giovanni's food was better than CK, but then again, we had to pay for it!

For us the one shining difference between the 2 was the service at Luminae was top notch. At CK we were lucky if they remembered our cabin number never mind our name. Onboard X when we saw different people from L around the ship they STILL remembered our names! And the service at CK was not that good. Once at lunch we waited about 15 minutes for someone to come and wait on our table. When i finally asked the maitre D if we had a server, he just said that it would be a few minutes more. What??:rolleyes:

And the bar staff was MIA so many times. Not at all like Michael's Club.

I had high expectations for CK/SL, so if we ever get to cruise with RCI again, in a suite, I will not be so picky.

I agree that the entertainment on RCI is much better than X.

I wasn't impressed by what they served in the SL. Michael's is much better BUT drinks are included at CK and not in Luminae. We always had the premium drink package on Celebrity so it didn't matter, but we didn't have the drink package on Oasis, so i was grateful for the wine with dinner!

Just one more comment. I thought Michael's Club venue was great until I got to experience the Suite Lounge on RCI. It was beautiful. Ocean views and sunshine. MC is pretty dark.

Edited by Muushka