Trike Tours in NZ?

I've seen several of these offered in various ports. My husband's birthday is during our cruise on the Solstice in November and I'm tempted. Are they safe? They don't appear to offer helmets, and they seem to move along at a good pace. Any thoughts you can share?

Thanks in advance, as always! :)

I did a trike ride with V8 Trikes in Akaroa and loved it!! It was a great way to see the stunning scenery, and I felt very safe at all times. Marty went out of his way to make the ride a wonderful experience, and it is obvious he loves showing you his hometown. I recorded portions of the ride. I'm pretty inexperienced at posting and don't know how to post a video or if they are even allowed. I would be happy to e-mail it to you if you'd like.

Thanks so much for responding! I was beginning to think it wasn't a good idea! Now I'm much more optimistic that it would be a nice treat for him.

Appreciate you taking the time.....I've seen a video so appreciate the offer, but I've got a pretty good idea of how they operate....that's how I knew they go so fast!

Thanks again,

Joanie

It really isn't that fast. When I looked at my videos I was thinking, boy, that looks a lot faster than I remember it actually being. Marty took the time to explain a lot of what we were seeing and plenty of stops for photo ops. I also did a trike ride in Bay of Islands with Thunder Trikes. That one was definitely a much faster ride, but I still felt safe. It only had two seats where V8 Trikes is a four-seater and is a different type of ride. I enjoyed both, but Akaroa was my favorite because of Marty and the scenery. Your husband will love it.