Carnival's new bland decor.

Thoth

Having sailed the Magic, Dream and the Breeze (along with the Holiday, Legend, Triumph and Sunshine), I far prefer the Breeze decor. I love that is muted in the decor colors/themes and feels much more like a Caribbean resort than Vegas. I don't miss the Farcus styling at all!

Left: Carnival Breeze

Right: Carnival Splendor

4.jpg

Nice comparison of dining rooms. I like some of one and some of the other. The Breeze color scheme is more aesthetically appealing to me. But I much prefer the more old-worldly chandelier style on Splendor, including and specifically the radiant ambience on the ceiling. It looks more natural. Breeze lighting looks radioactive. OTOH, I never noticed it when I dined there. It might be that the pics overtone all the colors, as they often do. (It's extremely hard to get true color and depth of color in photography.)

Having sailed the Magic, Dream and the Breeze (along with the Holiday, Legend, Triumph and Sunshine), I far prefer the Breeze decor. I love that is muted in the decor colors/themes and feels much more like a Caribbean resort than Vegas. I don't miss the Farcus styling at all!

That's my feeling too. Both my lady and I have also described the new decor as "tropical", which fits like a glove with our usual Caribbean itinerary.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

They all look good to me but for different reasons. Reflections and Horizons on Vista have much cleaner, modern feel than the older ships.

It is refreshing that the look has changed with the new ships.

The other is the Bacchus dining room on Miracle. It's like you are inside a whale's colons and the whale has polyps.
I split a gut laughing at this. DH described Miracle's dining room as "Bubonic plague afloat.":p I've never minded Farcus' designs and certainly don't cruise for decor, but on every ship except Glory I always found one space where I said, "What was Farcus thinking?"

There theater design is the worst. If you are not in front or upstairs, you cannot send. They needed to raise the seating. Dancers in the floor and sitting on the floor seats = no seeing the show.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

I agree about the theatre design. Go back to the older ship design.

Hate the way it's setup now. And you can't see anything from the balcony. Unless you are dead center.