Capetown to Capetown december 2018

Hi, does anybody know, wheter you get a discount, if you don‘t participate in the „free Post Land program duration 3 days„ after the cruise, like if you don‘t book the flight with Seven Seas?

If you book 2 Cruises in advance, How much is the extra discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those would be good questions to ask your TA. If you don't have a TA, I'd consider getting one - and one who is experienced with Regent's cruises, policies, etc.

I don't believe you'll get any discount for skipping the included land program, just as you wouldn't get a discount if you didn't go on any shore excursions. The 'Free' stuff is different than the Regent Air portion - you can opt out of the included air and get an air credit, but you can't opt out of the other 'free' things for a credit, sorry.

And I could be wrong, but I don't think you'll get any additional discounts by booking two or more cruises. We've had as many as 3 future cruises booked before and the only benefit we got was the onboard booking advantages since we booked 2 of the 3 while onboard. It cut down on our required deposit but didn't reduce the cruise fares any.

Again, a good, Regent-experienced TA is your best bet.

...I don't believe you'll get any discount for skipping the included land program...

Again, a good, Regent-experienced TA is your best bet.

We were on the Mariner recently, and in speaking with the future cruise consultant about a Southeast Asia cruise, we were told we could not take a credit on an included land program.

Agree 100%, seek out an agent with Regent experience.

In 2015 we accepted a move-over offer to a cruise from Cape Town to Singapore. There was a three-day pre-cruise Safari offered which we declined since we had returned from safari’s in South Africa a few months previously. Our fare was reduced by $500 per person. The reduction may have been due to the move-over offer but on our upcoming Circumnavigation of Australia cruise, I was told by our TA that declining the three day pre-cruise tour that had been offered before the cruise became a Grand Voyage would result in a credit of $750 per person.

Booking two unrelated cruises is not supposed to result in any discount but I'd suggest asking for one. Regent might surprise you. However, if you combine two or more cruises into a single, longer combination cruise, i.e. a back-to-back cruise, there is usually a discount. As noted in the FAQ: “A number of cruises may be combined for additional savings. Each combination of voyages features a different savings amount, so please contact us or your travel agent today for a quote.”

Hope this helps.

Edited by DaveFr

Agree with previous posters. To give you an idea of discounts that do exist, for this particular cruise, the non-use air credit is $6,000/person and the non-use hotel credit is $250/person. If you book another cruise onboard, depending upon the suite category, length of the cruise and itinerary, credits run from $250 - over $1,000 per person.

Michela is from Vienna so the pricing, air inclusion and credits could be very different from what some of us see in the US or even other parts of Europe. Not sure if this is the case but it often is. Best to talk with a travel agent who is familiar with Regent and whatever pricing and deals there are in Vienna.

Michela is from Vienna so the pricing, air inclusion and credits could be very different from what some of us see in the US or even other parts of Europe. Not sure if this is the case but it often is. Best to talk with a travel agent who is familiar with Regent and whatever pricing and deals there are in Vienna.

Thanks John. Someone else said that she was from Australia (which I forgot about). Since, to my knowledge, there is no Regent office in Vienna, I'm not certain if TA's there would have information but it is certainly worth checking.

It is easier for us to respond when we know what country you live in. If no country is listed, we assume that you are from the U.S. or Canada since that is where the majority of Regent cruisers live.

Booking two unrelated cruises is not supposed to result in any discount but I'd suggest asking for one. Regent might surprise you. However, if you combine two or more cruises into a single, longer combination cruise, i.e. a back-to-back cruise, there is usually a discount. As noted in the FAQ: “A number of cruises may be combined for additional savings. Each combination of voyages features a different savings amount, so please contact us or your travel agent today for a quote.”

Hope this helps.

I was always under the impression that any discount in booking a B2B would consist of the air credit which wouldn't be necessary since you're already there. ;p

Of course, I'm in the position of not being able to take anything more than about 2 weeks now due to that pesky 'job' thing...so I'm not really the person to ask about longer or combined cruises...

I was always under the impression that any discount in booking a B2B would consist of the air credit which wouldn't be necessary since you're already there. ;p

Bill,

In addition to the air credit for the second cruise, you also get the second cruise hotel credit, if applicable, plus the combination cruise savings. We just did a Lisbon to Miami plus Miami to Miami combination cruise. For that cruise, our combination cruise savings was $500 per person.

Thanks John. Someone else said that she was from Australia (which I forgot about). Since, to my knowledge, there is no Regent office in Vienna, I'm not certain if TA's there would have information but it is certainly worth checking.

It is easier for us to respond when we know what country you live in. If no country is listed, we assume that you are from the U.S. or Canada since that is where the majority of Regent cruisers live.

I believe they said she was from Austria, not Australia.

We booked a cruise onboard from Papeete to Auckland, and the booking agent told us that we could get $750 credit to opt out of the 3 day post cruise adventures. Seems like a small amount for all the additional hotels, food, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all we are booked on this cruise, looking forward to chatting to you all, taking the safari part first,

Hi and welcome to Cruise Critic and the Regent board. You have chosen a really great itinerary on the best ship in the fleet. We did that itinerary (with the safari) and loved it.

You can "meet" other people on your cruise on Roll Call. Here is a link https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2448869

• 2 months later...

We will be taking the Capetown to Capetown Cruise on Regent. We were going over the shore excursions that were offered. Most of the excursions that we would like may be available at an extra cost. We are hoping that someone in the forum can suggest which game reserves would be the best to take. And i have no idea how much the cost of those excursions would cost. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

upgrayders, on the basis of our own post-cruise safari experience last week, I'd say that everyone was thrilled with their choices, regardless of the reserve they chose. We paid some extra (sorry, can't recall how much...but it was surprisingly little) to "upgrade" to Kapama Southern Camp and loved every second of it. But whilst in Johannesburg, we met up with other cruise friends who had gone to different places and each one of them spoke enthusiastically about their experience too. Regent will be able to inform you of the costs and the range of choices available to you. All I would say is an enthusiastic "go for it!!" I am certain you will not regret it.

We were on the Mariner recently, and in speaking with the future cruise consultant about a Southeast Asia cruise, we were told we could not take a credit on an included land program.

Agree 100%, seek out an agent with Regent experience.

While on Explorer we booked a cruise from Hong Kong to Singapore next Spring which includes a post cruise 3 day land programme in Singapore.

We were quoted a reasonable credit that we can take if we opt out of the 3 day post-cruise and are presently weighing up our options with our Travel Agent.

• 3 weeks later...
upgrayders, on the basis of our own post-cruise safari experience last week, I'd say that everyone was thrilled with their choices, regardless of the reserve they chose. We paid some extra (sorry, can't recall how much...but it was surprisingly little) to "upgrade" to Kapama Southern Camp and loved every second of it. But whilst in Johannesburg, we met up with other cruise friends who had gone to different places and each one of them spoke enthusiastically about their experience too. Regent will be able to inform you of the costs and the range of choices available to you. All I would say is an enthusiastic "go for it!!" I am certain you will not regret it.

Yes, the cost to "upgrade" shore excursions was not extreme by any means. We did go for it. Thlank you.

Upgraders: As to recommended safari experiences--

See my just-posted message on another Thread, "Shore Excursions. . ." which I believe you also started.

Anyway, our December 2015 experience as part of a Mariner cruise from Cape Town to Rio was at Camp Figtree, outside of Addo Elephant Park and Reserve. You get there by flying from Cape Town to Port Elizabeth; then about a 1.30 hr ride to the Camp. This is a lodge started by a Brit just after WWII. His grandson runs the place now. Tops in every regard. If you get the opportunity to pick a particular style of lodging--suggest going for a "tent". That is what our TA suggested, and it was a good suggestion.

What a tent! Oriental carpets on the hardwood floors. Perfect location overlooking a valley. Top service. Can't say enough about the food, wine, gracious service, and professionalism of our Game Warden/Guide during tours at Addo. A stunning experience. Elephants and other wildlife up real-close. On one occasion, a bull passed within two feet of our Land Rover. My wife got a 45-second video of that "Close Encounter". That "big guy", in the words of our Warden, looked my wife right in the eye as she focused on him. He just kept walking, on that dirt road, past us.

This is an encounter we will never forget.

GOARMY!

GOARMY!