Question for "Regent Seven Seas Cruises"

Hambagahle

Hi - I see that you are online right now and hope you can answer this question!

In March 2020 there are two RSSC Explorer cruises going through the Panama Canal - Miami to LA, LA to Miami. I and two other CCers are booked on these. But we see that BOTH of them are "wait listed" at present on your site. Which is bizarre given that they are two years away.

Can you say what is going on with them? Should we be looking for other cruises or is there perhaps some (minor) change of itinerary or date in the works ??

Thank you for any information you are able to give!

I would also love to book this cruise-LA to Miami. This cruise went on wait list just before Christmas. I was waiting until I was onboard the Navigator in January to book. The Cruise Consultant said it was not a charter. Maybe an itinerary change. Regent what's going on??

Gerry, based upon what I'm hearing, Regent is still working on the situation. We are definitely not going to cancel at this point. And, when decisions have been made, if this itinerary remains the same or similar - or if the dates change, we will still be doing the cruise.

Just saying that Regent will likely answer - either here or through our TA's when they decide what the plan is. I'm still guessing that we will know more when new itineraries come out. Someone said that this will be in April so not a long time to wait.

While frustrating, it isn't like anyone else is able to book at this point so we aren't losing out on anything. Still hoping to have pre-cruise (for us) and post-cruise for you coffee together:D

You are right Jackie - it is the frustration of not knowing what is going on that is so irritating. If they are working on an itinerary change why no say so? No need to be specific but it would be very nice to have some sort of deadline for change announced, wouldn't it? If the 2020 summer itineraries are coming out in April then that is very close at hand. But what I don't understand is the TA that follows your arrival in Miami (2 April 2020 I think the date is?) is still there, and reservations for that are still open.

Just wish the person who posts on behalf of Regent would say something.... and yes - plan for coffee is still on!

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I booked this cruise about eight months ago. We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. Just as long as we get-on at L.A.--and get off sometime later at Miami--really don't care about the intervening itinerary. Been there, and done that east to west; and west to east through the Panama Canal several times over the last 20 years.

Will be on Navigator for a L.A. via Canal to NYC cruise in early June.

Yes, this is frustrating. General advice is contained above. Just stay in touch with your Travel Agent. Do not expect Regent office folks to provide much guidance.

GOARMY!

I'm hoping that some of you will tell me the special appeal of doing the Panama Canal cruises. I mean aside from the obvious, i.e. the engineering marvel. E.g. GOARMY, since you've been through a number of times, you obviously find the itinerary wonderfully worth doing. I hope that those of you wanting to do this kind of cruise for the first time, and those of you who have enjoyed the pleasures in the past, will spell out a bit the reasons for your interest. We're unable to do cruises very far from home these days, so it'd be great if I could get interested in this itinerary, but it's not had the appeal that so many other itineraries have had. Clearly, I'm missing something.

Mainly, I hope that the "wait list" frustration gets resolved before too long. Pretty weird and frustrating.

Hambagahle: I hope you don't mind my jumping in on your post; I know it's off the original subject.

poss, for us, the interest is:

1. We love the Explorer

2. The price for the itinerary - especially on Explorer is good.

3. The local itinerary. L.A. is easy for us to get to and while Miami isn't, it is still in the U.S.

Regarding the delay in letting us know what I going on, I just read this morning that the Splendor itineraries will be out next month and am assuming that this coincides with the release of more 2020 itineraries. So, as predicted, I "think" that we'll know more next month!

Patience is the word of the day...

However I do think that from a Customer Relations viewpoint Regent should have contacted ll of us who are booked on the two "blocked" cruises with an explanation of WHY they are blocked and a date by when we will know more. That costs nothing. So why not do it?

Don't think that we need to be patient much longer. It was announced that the Splendor itineraries will be out in April and so will all of the ships. Depending upon who the Cruise Consultant is on our cruise, I may check with them and will likely get the same answer ....... "we don't know yet".

Don't think that we need to be patient much longer. It was announced that the Splendor itineraries will be out in April and so will all of the ships. Depending upon who the Cruise Consultant is on our cruise, I may check with them and will likely get the same answer ....... "we don't know yet".

I agree April is almost here. I guess people are getting anxious. Patience is a virtue. Looking forward to it.

I suppose I am not very virtuous! So patience is in short stock around here!

That said there is nothing to do aside from wait. jackie - if you do talk to the Cruise Consultant on your upcoming cruise I am sure you will report whatever comment is made. And I hope you have a wonderful time. Bon voyage!

We have just spoken to the Cruise Consultant on board Explorer and she confirms that initial itineraries for Splendor will be released in April, but itineraries for the rest of the Regent fleet for the balance of 2020 will not be available until August (as a poster on a previous thread had reported).

We quizzed her about the two cruises that are causing concerns on this thread but she was unable to clarify the situation.

This thread is testimony to Regent's messed up communication division. How difficult can it be for someone from Regent to respond on this thread--or anywhere for that matter?

The lack of communication from Regent is a common theme on many of these threads on CC. Posters end up trying to supply answers that any competent communication department would readily supply in real time.

Why corporate management doesn't do something to fix the ridiculously poor communication is beyond me.

IMO, Regent communication has picked up considerably over the years but has a ways to go.

While I do not claim to know the intricacies of planning itineraries and what takes place when the itinerary (or the ship) is changed it sounds quite daunting. They are adding a new ship in 2020 and any itinerary that Splendor will be doing has the potential to affect other itineraries. General Managers onboard the ships have said that some itineraries are not set until right before they are released.

We are taking this in stride. Others may want to cancel which is another option. If we all sit back and look at the situation, it is such a first world situation that we probably should be sitting back and laughing at rather than feeling that the sky is falling because there is uncertainty about 2 cruises that are just under two years away.

Well said Jackie !!

>> We are taking this in stride. Others may want to cancel which is another option. If we all sit back and look at the situation, it is such a first world situation that we probably should be sitting back and laughing at rather than feeling that the sky is falling because there is uncertainty about 2 cruises that are just under two years away.>>

I suppose "in the fullness of time..." it makes no difference at all if we have to wait until November this year to learn what we will be doing in March 2020. That said - the two cruises in question ARE in March so don't fall into the "Summer Schedule 2020" category.

And Poss - I hadn't seen your post till now. Sorry! The other Panama Canal cruise we did was quite simply the most interesting one we have ever done. There were a lot of factors - we saw several places in Mexico we had not been to before. We were in Costa Rica for the first (and only) time and had a brilliant day at the Poas volcano. There was an amazing lecturer on board who gave 4 talks on the canal - History of it, Construction, What we would see, and lastly a Q&A the day after on what we had seen. It tied it all together so well. I am not sure what "GOARMY" means though??

We haven't been on Explorer and it looked like a good itinerary too. We have a great suite (Grand Suite in the stern with a huge terrace) and since this is likely to be the last time we take long flights (ZRH/MIA, LAX/ZRH) we thought - go for it! Now we are in limbo. But in good company!!

If I remember correctly, our TA said that the itineraries will be out April 18th which likely means that most of the itineraries are ready now but some of the more difficult ones (could be difficult for many reasons) may not be input into the system until the last minute.

Will mark my calendar - it will be interesting to see if our two cruises have changes in the itineraries when the Spendour itins come out! I am sure if you learn anything you will post it...and if my TA tells me anything I will too!

Meantime - selamat jalan in Bali!