Hamilton Bermuda scooter??

bigmama9224

Hi I have been to Bermuda about 4 times. Usually just stay around the port, or have taken taxis to tour Bermuda.

This time I would like to take the ferry to Hamilton . I use a scooter and I am a big person. How do able is it.

Also how much is Ferry do I need to buy ticket or do I just pay cash on the Ferry. Will I be able to drive around with the

scooter once I am at Hamilton. How far is the Ferry ride. Last year I did from St Thomas to St Johns in the Ferry I didn't like the

ride at all. Thanks in advance for all your info.

It has been many years, however I believe there was a ticket booth near the ferry. Very easy trip to and from on the ferry. Please remember, there is a nasty hill in Hamilton. It can take some battery power. You might want to limit your adventures to the down town area within a block or so of the water front. We always carried a spare set of batteries with us.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

Hi I have been to Bermuda about 4 times. Usually just stay around the port, or have taken taxis to tour Bermuda.

This time I would like to take the ferry to Hamilton . I use a scooter and I am a big person. How do able is it.

Also how much is Ferry do I need to buy ticket or do I just pay cash on the Ferry. Will I be able to drive around with the

scooter once I am at Hamilton. How far is the Ferry ride. Last year I did from St Thomas to St Johns in the Ferry I didn't like the

ride at all. Thanks in advance for all your info.

Tickets cannot be purchased on the ferry. There is a ticket booth near the ferry and also a little store that houses a tourist info counter that both sells tickets. As Betty already stated there is a large hill that uses a lot of battery power. Additionally not knowing the type of scooter you have the incline degree of the hill might be too much for it to handle. Unless things have improved in the last year there are very few curb cut-outs. You have to be very careful riding the scooter on the street as the motorcycles and other motorvehicles are moving fast and won't see you. Also suggest just staying around the downtown and or waterfront areas of Hamilton.

The Ferry ride isn't as long as the ride from St. Thomas to St. John. Don't recall the length/time.If weather/sea conditions are good it's an enjoyable ride.