Singapore Hotels ?

Morgans

We have stayed at the Park Regis Hotel a couple of times (when the price is right) - over the road from Clarke Quay, Chinatown around the corner and a train station about 100 meter walk from the front door.

We’ve stayed in the Fairmont twice. Excellent hotel and very close to metro station. It’s just over the road from Raffles although that is currently closed for refurbishment.

We also booked a room at the Ibis Bencoolen which we just used for the day as we had a late flight out. It was Ok but very basic and noisy during the day .

Looking for recommendations for a hotel in Singapore and best area. ...many thanks.

Singapore is a huge city and serviced by an enormous amount of hotels ranging from budget to 5 star. Once you determine a price point you need to factor in how long you are staying and what it is you really want to do. Most of the hotels in tourist areas are well serviced by either the MTR Subway train or Hop ON Hop Off buses which make it quite simple and convenient to experience all Singapore has to offer. Choose your district first (Chinatown, Orchard, Clarke Quay, Little India etc etc) and then research a hotel that suits your budget.

Thanks to all who have replied- Singapore will be totally new to us and we are glad to read all the recommendations for hotels in which to stay before joining a cruise.

As zowie57 says above - we are doing lots of research and reading about different areas in which to stay. We have a decent budget so I'm sure we will find something we like - using recommendations from fellow cruisers is one way to start.

Many thanks to all - any other recommendations or tips will be gratefully received.

any other recommendations or tips will be gratefully received.

Search "singapore" in the titles of this forum (upper right menu from main forum page). Singapore is a very popular port, embarkation & disembarkation point and therefore discussed regularly here :hearteyes:

We have stayed at the Hyatt and Marina Bay Sands. Both excellent with good upgrades. Hyatt is right across from Royal Plaza. Tons of shopping in that area, very convenient. Marina Bay Sands was on my bucket list just to try out the Infinity Pool, memorable. Easy access to Gardens by the Bay. Check your credit cards and see if you have points to redeem for room. I was surprised that we had enough points for MBS.

I think Fairmont gives you the most flex. The standard of the hotel is good and the location is fantastic.

The hotel is connected to Raffles City shopping center.

Many thanks - this is good to know. We will check this out.

We have stayed at the Hyatt and Marina Bay Sands. Both excellent with good upgrades. Hyatt is right across from Royal Plaza. Tons of shopping in that area, very convenient. Marina Bay Sands was on my bucket list just to try out the Infinity Pool, memorable. Easy access to Gardens by the Bay. Check your credit cards and see if you have points to redeem for room. I was surprised that we had enough points for MBS.

Good tip - we will look into this. MBS would be a great option.

We are so grateful to everyone who has replied......we have a great selection of hotel recommendations.many thanks.

We recently returned from a cruise that started in Singapore. We stayed at the Pan Pacific on Raffles Road. It was an amazing hotel in the marina area. We found the hotel to be one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in and it was in a very convenient location. We would definitely recommend it.

We stayed in the M Hotel it was quite reasonable, very clean and near the port. The MRT is only a short walk away. You can get breakfast there but we would walk down to a local place called the Harvestry (just behind Tea and Coffee Bean) the breakfast was beautiful and also up the road Maxwell food court which is a hawkers food place and was really good.

We spent a week in Singapore following a cruise, and stayed at the Pan Pacific on Raffles Blvd. It has already been recommended on this thread, and I just wanted to add that it was wonderful. Great hotel amenities, great room, and great location. We plan to return to wonderful Singapore in the future, and this hotel will be on our "short list" of hotel possibilities.

We stayed at the Intercontinental on Middle Rd last April for three nights. The rate was reasonable compared to other hotels. We opted for a rate that included breakfast. Breakfast was quite good by the way. The location was convenient for us too.

Remember there is more than one cruise terminal port in Singapore ;p

True, but both are only a few minutes apart by Taxi.

Another vote for Marina Bay Sands here. Just got back a couple of days ago and stayed in the Shangri La just off Orchard Road. Fine hotel, but breakfast was ridiculous. The restaurant is called "the line" and with good reason. The queue to enter was at least 80 to 100 people long every time we checked and we simply gave up. Purely on this, I would not recommend that hotel.

We've agreed we will return in a year or so and we said well push the boat out and stay at the MBS with a gardens view.

True, but both are only a few minutes apart by Taxi.

But really nothing is hard to reach in Singapore by taxi, so I wouldn't rate "hotel near port" high when looking at options. Perhaps I should have started there.....

We spent some time, whilst on a land trip, in Singapore this past January. We found the public transportation to be among the best we have experienced in SE Asia. Cabs are inexpensive. You can really get anywhere very quickly in Singapore. During the rush hour we used the subway.

But really nothing is hard to reach in Singapore by taxi, so I wouldn't rate "hotel near port" high when looking at options. Perhaps I should have started there.....

You make a good point. Taxis are inexpensive (by Western standards) so feel free to enjoy them while in Singapore!

These days, more and more locals use Grab instead of the public taxis. So the demand for public taxis has fallen, for sure.

These days, more and more locals use Grab instead of the public taxis. So the demand for public taxis has fallen, for sure.

Yes, we used Uber most of the time. Or MRT. (but our visit was before Grab existed or was widespread, I think - I don't use Uber any more....)