Polarlys RT

rpfin

We are currently on day 6 of a round trip journey. Our excursion to the North Cape has unfortunately been cancelled due to fears of avalanche. It’s been beautiful so far with the weather obviously getting very much colder the farther north we travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are currently on day 6 of a round trip journey. Our excursion to the North Cape has unfortunately been cancelled due to fears of avalanche. It’s been beautiful so far with the weather obviously getting very much colder the farther north we travel.

Hmmmm. I wonder how often there are avalanche problems, especially at this time of year...

When we were there, 2-3 weeks ago, there apparently had been actual avalanche(s), so the North Cape excursion was obviously cancelled.

However, because the port stop is relatively lengthy, our Captain kindly left port and sailed over to the North Cape, and we could view it from the sea. We could see that globe marker from afar, which was a surprise, and it even shows up, ever so tiny, in photos taken using just an iPhone.

Note: That huge cliff is really dramatic!

I think I'm just as glad that we weren't up there...

(I hope everyone paid attention to the announcement about this extra little sailing adventure. Can you imagine someone who wandered ashore without realizing, and then, suddenly, they notice the ship sailing away early!? :eek:)

GC

Hmmmm. I wonder how often there are avalanche problems, especially at this time of year...

When we were there, 2-3 weeks ago, there apparently had been actual avalanche(s), so the North Cape excursion was obviously cancelled.

However, because the port stop is relatively lengthy, our Captain kindly left port and sailed over to the North Cape, and we could view it from the sea. We could see that globe marker from afar, which was a surprise, and it even shows up, ever so tiny, in photos taken using just an iPhone.

Note: That huge cliff is really dramatic!

I think I'm just as glad that we weren't up there...

(I hope everyone paid attention to the announcement about this extra little sailing adventure. Can you imagine someone who wandered ashore without realizing, and then, suddenly, they notice the ship sailing away early!? :eek:)

GC

So far we have stayed docked ☹️