Conquest Review -- 6 day/March/Nassau-HMC-GTurk-Amber Cove

brookeq

Now that Easter is over I can get to writing our review of our Conquest Cruise. We sailed the last week in March and got home the day before Easter.

Background info:

This cruise was just my husband and I. We left are two kiddos home (9 and 7 years old). I wanted a vacation last year for my 40th birthday but it just never happened. This was my husbands way of making it up tome. ;) This was a last minute cruise for us and since it was spring break it was one of our most expensive cruises (I am a bargain cruiser ha ha)

We wanted to get a break from our cold dreary Pittsburgh weather. A few days before we left we had a snow storm.

2hxrmmv.jpg[/img]

And we have had snow and cold weather a few times since we got back. Hopefully spring will get here soon!

We took a ton of photos that I will share. I am definitely not a great photographer. So don’t expect amazing pictures. I just used my iphone this trip and took quick snapshots most of the time. I don’t do much editing.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will try to answer them.

Edited by brookeq
spelling

Ok onto the review.

Fort Lauderdale:

We always leave a day early for our cruises and this was no exception. Since we booked late we didn’t have many choices for flights so we had a late flight. We left Pittsburgh with no problems and arrived in Fort Lauderdale around midnight.

Before leaving, We had a hard time finding a hotel at a price we wanted to pay. We would be arriving late and just using the room to sleep in. We decided to airbnb it. We found a cute little studio villa with 2 beds, a bathroom, fridge, etc. It was clean and under $100. We took a short UBER ride there with no problems. It seemed like it was in a nice area. There was nice mall a block or two a way with the Cheesecake Factory,Capital Grill and other more expensive chain type restaurants. The beach was only a few minutes away but we didn’t make it there this trip.

20pa4vp.jpg[/img]

We walked down the road to the Publix and got our cans of pop to take on the boat (soda as everyone else calls it). Carnival gave us the time of 12:30 to arrive at the pier. We had to check out at 11 so we just sat on the lounge chairs on the grounds and enjoyed the sun for a bit.

wqwiuw.jpg[/img]

Edited by brookeq
spacing problems

I typed up my review in Word when I have time and then I copy and past it here and add pictures. After I post it some of the spacing gets messed up. If I see it I try to correct it quickly while I can still edit the post. So if you see some words running together this is why. I am not typing it like that I promise.

Carnivalgave us the time of 12:30 to arrive at the pier.

Around 11:50 we got our UBER and headed to the pier. We were on board by 12:30. So it went very smoothly.

We had passports so they used those photos for Sail and Sign Cards. We are Gold now :)

(They have your cards waiting in your mailbox when you can get into your rooms)

2zoi0pl.jpg[/img]

And we got our photo taken

5039ua.jpg[/img]

We headed up to the lido deck for some lunch. My husband got a Guys Burger. He has cut red meat out of his diet (not completely but doesn't have it very often). He ended up getting one almost every day! (we would usually split it). They were greasy of course but were tasty. We got good fries each time too.

2s8grwk.jpg[/img]

I decided to get some tacos. The line for these are never long. The burrito line always has people in it but the taco line is almost always empty. I enjoyed the fish taco and the pork ones this trip.

20qkp7d.jpg[/img]

We also had a pink cake pop that was pretty good.

We headed up to top deck above the aft pool .

Operation relaxation started… we found two lounge chairs and just relaxed. I read 2 books on this cruise and finished one season of a show I downloaded on Netflix. J

2vknr80.jpg[/img]

Eventually our rooms were ready. So we headed down. Our luggage was already there .

As I mentioned before we booked late. We almost always get an inside room. This was no exception but because we booked late we were on deck 1 in the very back of the ship right above the engines. Room 1450. I wouldn’t recommend it. It was quiet because it was away from the elevators. But during rougher seas or pulling into ports it was extremely loud. And the things in the room would shake and make noise. L

24zyud5.jpg[/img]

The room only had one outlet. On the breeze I remember having one by the mirrors and one by the lamp beside the bed. I could be wrong though.

It had the little fridge that was actually quite hot inside. Ha ha. The room also had the lights under the closet that came on if you walked by them at night to help you make it to the bathroom.

We met our room steward. He gave us the form to fill out asking if we wanted morning service or evening service (or both). We chose morning since we would be in port 4 of the 5 days. It worked out well for us. Our room was always clean when we came back. I asked for an ice bucket. He got it right away and kept it filled. It was tiny. It could hold one can of soda. The plan was to use it to keep the cans of coke cold. I hate pouring warm coke on ice. It just gets flat right away. (which is why we don't buy it on the ship. warm cans over ice that melts right away = watered down coke-- yuck!)

2cp42va.jpg[/img]

Muster drill came and went with no issues. We did have to go line up by the life boats and stand outside. We did not have to bring our life vests. On our last two Carnival cruises we met in public areas not outside. ???

When we went back to the room I realized that we were not given any time dining which I know I had chosen and was given before we left. Our cards said late dining. At first I was upset and was going to see if I could get it changed. We have always done early dining and one time did any time. Early dining was full since we booked late so I chose (or thought I did) any time. After talking it over, we decided to try out late dining. We didn’t have the kids with us and figured now we never had to rush after getting back on the boat. We ended up enjoying late dining for this cruise.

We dined in the RenoirUpper Dining Room.

2ltm59s.jpg[/img]

We were given a table by ourselves. It was not full here at all. So there was no one to sit us with. Our head server Andrew and his team did a good job. They were friendly,helpful, and provided good service.

Here were our menu choices . I downloaded the pictures from the Hub App. For some reason the first night main coursepage is missing.

308eas0.jpg[/img]

11w3hvb.jpg[/img]

2it0cnd.jpg[/img]

We both had strawberry soup for our appetizers. We love the cold fruit soups. You will notice that I usually forgot to take pictures until we already started eating. So they won’t be the most appetizing pictures. Ha ha.

rbehyb.jpg[/img]

My husband also got the spring rolls. No picture. But they were really good.

I got the brisket and a side of mac n cheese. I enjoyed both. My husband got the port special swordfish and he liked it.

29e3cp3.jpg[/img]

33nxkjd.jpg[/img]

We both got the chocolate melting cake for dessert.

288s6ma.jpg[/img]

I don't think we did much after dinner. We were both pretty tired. We joined our FB group for our cruise. There was a pub crawl but we didn't make it. :(

Here are some scanned copies of the first day fun times and other info we were given.

29yhyzl.jpg[/img]

w70p7d.jpg[/img]

11l7m6c.jpg[/img]

9svvrb.jpg[/img]

rwjde9.jpg[/img]

Great start! Looking forward to the rest. I see you’ve cruised in January before. How is the weather then?

I have gone back and forth on whether I want to switch to this cruise or stay with the Breeze Western route. No pressure but your review could sway me one way or the other. ;)

If you have the Fun times could you tell me which nights they did the Chef's Table?

I quickly looked thru the fun times and didn't see it. I will scan them all in and post them soon. I only have day one scanned.

Great start! Looking forward to the rest. I see you’ve cruised in January before. How is the weather then?

I have gone back and forth on whether I want to switch to this cruise or stay with the Breeze Western route. No pressure but your review could sway me one way or the other. ;)

I think it is just hit or miss. We have had good and bad at both times. And when I say bad it wasn't even bad, once in February we missed Grand Cayman just because it was a bit too windy to tender. But the actual weather/temperature was fine.

It was much warmer in Florida in March. Same with Bahamas. Water gets a bit warmer.

But i love cruising in January/February to get out of the dreary winter months. Usually in March its starting to get nicer out so its not as bad being home.

Where are the two cruises going?

Following along. Doing this same cruise in 30 days. Nice to hear about the lights for night bathroom runs. LoL Did the lack of outlets become and issue ? just thinking of the devices that need charging we will be bringing. If you think of anything you should have brought but did not can you add it somewhere.

Thanks Matt

I think it is just hit or miss. We have had good and bad at both times. And when I say bad it wasn't even bad, once in February we missed Grand Cayman just because it was a bit too windy to tender. But the actual weather/temperature was fine.

It was much warmer in Florida in March. Same with Bahamas. Water gets a bit warmer.

But i love cruising in January/February to get out of the dreary winter months. Usually in March its starting to get nicer out so its not as bad being home.

Where are the two cruises going?

One would be these stops and the other would be Roatán, Cozumel, Belize, and Costa Maya.