Wind TA to Barcelona 6/4 - 20/4

Silver Spectre

New cruise, so new thread. Alan King is the CD as Colin is going on vacation and Flávio is the HD as Daniel leaves Silversea this morning to take up a new job on Monday based in Toronto. He will be greatly missed by all who have been lucky enough to sail with him over the last couple of years. We wish him all the best for his new venture.

Good Morning Silver Spectre - Its been good to read your Caribbean Report and to hear the The Wind is in good shape - hopefully you will have a great Crossing and some enjoyable Bridge ( hopefully there is a Bridge Group organised with some competitive Games for you and Mrs Silver to get your teeth into !!!! ).

Very sorry to hear that Daniel has left - in our opinion a very good HD and a loss to Silversea - however you have a great replacement for this Cruise in Flavio,

Continue to have Fun and we look forward to your further Posts.

Good Morning Silver Spectre - Its been good to read your Caribbean Report and to hear the The Wind is in good shape - hopefully you will have a great Crossing and some enjoyable Bridge ( hopefully there is a Bridge Group organised with some competitive Games for you and Mrs Silver to get your teeth into !!!! ).

Very sorry to hear that Daniel has left - in our opinion a very good HD and a loss to Silversea - however you have a great replacement for this Cruise in Flavio,

Continue to have Fun and we look forward to your further Posts.

Our second day at sea and Bridge was under way yesterday, 5 tables for the afternoon duplicate and a good 62.5% for us as EW.

Team Trivia with Alan attracted over 40 guests and we came a respectable joint second.

22c outside and slight swell, life is good!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Day 3 at sea, smallish swell and cloudier than yesterday. Flávio was certain around on the pool deck during the day yesterday and my interactions with him have been pleasant.

Superb show last night by Sharon Lopez and Mate Racz as Duo Esencias, violin and stunning flamenco. They have just come off the Moose and will be returning there when it gets to Europe.

We have a second guest entertainer tonight.

Apart from Martin Calvert I have not been impressed with the new Voices so far and their new shows seem to be be aimed at the over 80's.

Enjoying Alan King, but some of his jokes are cringeworthy.

Wow! Strong words about Flavio. He was the HD on our 17-day cruise last November and we had a great time with him. Clearly my wife’s favorite and the one HD we’ve really gotten to know. Interesting.

Thx for sharing your perspective Wes. I don't believe we've sailed with Mr. Gioia before, but know I would be super disappointed in the behavior you describe.

By far, the best Silversea Hotel Director we ever had was Sujith Mohan during our Norwegian/Russian voyage. Unfortunately, Silversea lost him to Viking when they began their ocean vessel program. Would love to see him back with Silversea someday.

Sujith was great with guests but had a seriously bad rep with a section of the crew.

Day 4 of 8. We had a long 5-6 foot swell overnight and the Wind was wallowing a bit. The pool had to be emptied although the swell is a bit lower now. Another sunny day out here in the mid Atlantic, a little windy, about 22c.

Now 1000+ miles away from Ft Lauderdale and 1850 to go.

I know it shouldn't, but it still amazes me that one can literally be in the middle of nowhere and still remain digitally connected with the world. Amazing really.
It is pretty amazing. We had in-flight Wi-Fi on our plane from LAX-SYD last month. So I was having fun, texting my family from somewhere in the middle of the Pacific. So cool!

I'm glad that the technology exists. Otherwise, we couldn't enjoy all of the nice food pictures! The cooking demo is making me hungry.

Enjoying the trip report. I have never done a TA and it will probably be a while before I have the time to do so. But it does look relaxing. Keep up the great reporting.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

True, there are some decent ones there. I really like Cline Cellars in Sonoma. We have belonged to their wine club for over 10 years and in fact I have a case of their wine on the way now.

But I am not excited to see Wente on the list. That is what they pour on Delta in domestic F. Really far removed from what we like. But it's OK. Unlike on Delta, there are lots of other choices!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app