One Night in Waitiki

jmlh

This will be our first time in Hawaii and we want to do it right. So... do we do the Ata Aina at the Royal Hawaiian (as I really want to experience a luau) or a restaurant close by that has a Hawaiian theme? And... what would the travel times between the restaurants and the ship? We are so looking forward to seeing Hawaii for the first time and to having a good experience. Many thanks for any and all comments. We are in port until 11pm if this makes a difference.

Does your ship provide the Germaine's Luau and how long will you be in Port. The Luau's generally run from 5 to 8 or 8:30 Also offered which we did once was a Sunset Dinner Cruise. they leave from Waikiki. I am looking into doing a Luau for our cruise next March but Germaine's doesn't do shows on Monday so looking for an alternative.

Thanks so much for your response. We are also in port on a Monday on Emerald Princess (but in October) so it is nice to know that the Chief's is available. Also, like the fact that transportation can be purchased from the port as we want to ensure that we return to the ship on time!

So... I am down to the Chief's or Aha'Aina at the Royal Hawaiian. Does anyone else that has attended either of these have further comments?

Also, would you advise booking directly or through a discount broker such as Hawaii Discount or Oahu Luaus?

Your welcome. I will book through their web site myself, but that is me. The Paradise Cove Luau, you had to get to one of the Hotels, Royal I believe then another $16 for the bus transportation. It was more convenient with the Chief's Luau that they picked up at Pier 2 & 11 depending on which one the Emerald uses. I think Pier 2. and much closer then the Paradise cove Luau.which got excellent reviews also. When you book there is a tab for which Hotel, be sure and show Cruise Ship from the List. Be sure and check out the Hawaii Ports of Call Section on CC, you can receive a lot of excellent information from the Ports of Call Sections whether it is East. West Coasts, FL & Europe.

Gay

One thing I would like to add, regarding booking through another site, be sure and check their Transportation arrangements. Not all will do a pick up from the Cruise Port so you need to find your way to one of their Hotel stops. That is what caused me to not book the Paradise Cove Luau.