FTTF not selling out.

Duwayne

It looks like Carnival might have reached the tipping point with the $90 FTTF price. It had been sold out on the Glory for our May sailing but it opened up again last week and is still open. $90 is a lot of money for what you get so I'm thinking they might have pushed it a little too far. I won't do it again at that price. The last time we did it (in Oct last year it had gone up to $70 and had to think hard about that before doing it. Ah well, such is the corporate mentality. It was good while it lasted.

Now that they know the upper limit they can bring it back down until it sells out again. They may even sell it at $90 initially then put it on "sale" a few months before the cruise arrives to encourage sales. I doubt we'll be getting it again regardless of the price.

It looks like Carnival might have reached the tipping point with the $90 FTTF price. It had been sold out on the Glory for our May sailing but it opened up again last week and is still open. $90 is a lot of money for what you get so I'm thinking they might have pushed it a little too far. I won't do it again at that price. The last time we did it (in Oct last year it had gone up to $70 and had to think hard about that before doing it. Ah well, such is the corporate mentality. It was good while it lasted.

I wouldn't read much into that yet. More slots have often opened after initial sell out on my cruises.

Carnival may well have reached the point of diminishing returns, but the jury is still out.

Corporate mentality is right. They do not have to sell immediately though, that is probably why they raised the price. As long as they do sell before cruise. Now if they do not, then they have two options, drop the price or throw in another perk. FTTF is win win with Carnival, they are supplying something that costs nothing for a premium.

when our FTTF became available online it opened with 15 spots. Months later there is still 10 opened. and that price was just raised too. This is for the 4 day on the liberty and price is now at 70 bucks

FTTF is now $90?!?!

giphy.gif

Remains to be seen. Obviously not to everyone, but to how many is still an unknown.

Prices Starting From

Per Stateroom

Cruise Durations

$49.95 USD

3 day cruises (excluding Carnival Liberty)

$59.95 USD

3 day cruises on Carnival Liberty

$49.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration and Carnival Sensation

$59.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Elation, Carnival Fantasy and Carnival Victory

$69.95 USD

4 day cruises on Carnival Conquest, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Liberty, Carnival Paradise, Carnival Triumph, Carnival Valor and Carnival Vista

$59.95 USD

5 day cruises on Carnival Sensation

$79.95 USD

5 day cruises (excluding Carnival Sensation)

$89.95 USD

6 day and 7 day cruises

$99.95 USD

8 day and longer cruises (excluding Carnival Journeys departures)

For my 4 day liberty in July it's 70 and sold out right now. My check in time is 1130 I just don't need to bring any sodas. This cruise we are going with a lot of newbies and I can't leave them they may get on the wrong ship.:')

Did you attempt to get on the wrong ship your first cruise?

For my 4 day liberty in July it's 70 and sold out right now. My check in time is 1130 I just don't need to bring any sodas. This cruise we are going with a lot of newbies and I can't leave them they may get on the wrong ship.:')

so you got that for every cabin? did you do it before the price increase?

FTTF was well worth it for us and if I cruise Carnival again, I would still get it. We were on the ship and in our room in less than 30 minutes and debarkation was even faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what is great about carnival. They give you a fairly low fee to get on the ship, then you decide what is important to you. I personally can do without soda and I don't drink enough alcohol to make cheers worth the money. I like to spend my money on FTTF and excursions.